|OK, so it's not quite tag, but it's the closest I could find.|
Debbie from ::Our Old Homestead:: surprised me recently by tagging my blog. Having never played blogging tag, I needed an explanation.
So like usual there are rules;
- every tagged person has to tell 11 things about themselves
- the person who tagged you asked 11 questions, answer them
- ask 11 questions for the 11 blogs you're going to tag
(the people you tag should have fewer than 200 followers)
- mention the blog that tagged you but don't tag back
- I have a hard time choosing favorites, which made answering some of the following questions a bit tricky.
- I hate to cry.
- Every spring, I sentence more raspberries to death by optimistically trying to get them to grow in my hot, windy backyard. (No need to remind me of the definition of insanity. I know, I know.)
- I love old Craftsman-style houses.
- I once won the "Most Unusual Pet" award at the city library's pet show. Apparently not every little girl grows up with boa constrictors in the living room.
- An even stranger award for me, though, had to be my 3rd place trophy for a 5K run. I'm sure the organizers really wished a fourth person in my age group would have participated in the race. I never realized that slow and steady sometimes wins the literal race!
- From the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas, my radio is tuned to the "all Christmas songs, all the time" station.
- I love Disneyland.
- My kids wish that my idea of vacation involved more relaxing and less walking. ("Yes, kids, we did just arrive in Boston after a red-eye flight, but we are walking the Boston Trail now. We are here to have fun!")
- I grew up without a television, so I was a bit of a conversation-killer at school. "No, I didn't see the show last night. I don't have a TV, remember?" My siblings were smarter than I, and figured out they could just read the TV section of the newspaper for the synopsis of the popular shows.
- I enjoy snorkeling. (That counts as relaxing on vacation, right?) I did not like snuba diving.
And now, to answer Debbie's questions:
- What is your favorite flower? Lilacs or roses or daffodils or. . .
- Where would you love to visit if you could visit anywhere? New Zealand comes to mind, but there are so many options.
- Do you have a bucket list? No
- What is your greatest fear? Heights, perhaps, but only if there is real danger of falling. I have no problem flying in an airplane, for example, but the thought of skydiving terrifies me.
- What is your favorite animal? Dogs, in general. Specifically, basset hounds really make me smile.
- Are you a sweet or salty snack person? Definitely sweet.
- What is your favorite song? Seriously, I need to devote a post or a whole series of posts to address this question. There is no way I can limit myself to just one song; I don't think I could even pick only one song per genre. Stay tuned, so to speak.
- What does your weekday breakfast look like? It varies, but usually is something quick. Oatmeal, or eggs, or cold cereal.
- What is your favorite season? Today it is fall. Soon to be followed by winter, spring, and finally summer.
- Do you vote? Yes, every election!
- Will you retire early? Is this an option for homemakers? :-)
Be sure to stop by and visit those great blogs and see their answers to the following questions:
- What is one talent you would like to have?
- What's the last movie you watched in the theater?
- Do you play a musical instrument? If so, which one(s)?
- Name one of your favorite childhood books.
- Night owl or early bird?
- Do you have any pets? If so, tell us about them.
- When you were a child, how did you answer the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
- What is the last thing you planted?
- If you had to choose another time in which to live, which would you choose?
- What one word would you like others to use to describe you?
- What is one of your favorite mottos, sayings, or verses?
I wish I could have linked all of the blogs I read. If your blog isn't listed, you can still play along. Just choose one of the questions above--or make up your own--and answer in a comment.