|OK, so it's not quite tag, but it's the closest I could find.|
Debbie from ::Our Old Homestead:: surprised me recently by tagging my blog. Having never played blogging tag, I needed an explanation.
So like usual there are rules;
- every tagged person has to tell 11 things about themselves
- the person who tagged you asked 11 questions, answer them
- ask 11 questions for the 11 blogs you're going to tag
(the people you tag should have fewer than 200 followers)
- mention the blog that tagged you but don't tag back
- I have a hard time choosing favorites, which made answering some of the following questions a bit tricky.
- I hate to cry.
- Every spring, I sentence more raspberries to death by optimistically trying to get them to grow in my hot, windy backyard. (No need to remind me of the definition of insanity. I know, I know.)
- I love old Craftsman-style houses.
- I once won the "Most Unusual Pet" award at the city library's pet show. Apparently not every little girl grows up with boa constrictors in the living room.
- An even stranger award for me, though, had to be my 3rd place trophy for a 5K run. I'm sure the organizers really wished a fourth person in my age group would have participated in the race. I never realized that slow and steady sometimes wins the literal race!
- From the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas, my radio is tuned to the "all Christmas songs, all the time" station.
- I love Disneyland.
- My kids wish that my idea of vacation involved more relaxing and less walking. ("Yes, kids, we did just arrive in Boston after a red-eye flight, but we are walking the Boston Trail now. We are here to have fun!")
- I grew up without a television, so I was a bit of a conversation-killer at school. "No, I didn't see the show last night. I don't have a TV, remember?" My siblings were smarter than I, and figured out they could just read the TV section of the newspaper for the synopsis of the popular shows.
- I enjoy snorkeling. (That counts as relaxing on vacation, right?) I did not like snuba diving.
And now, to answer Debbie's questions:
- What is your favorite flower? Lilacs or roses or daffodils or. . .
- Where would you love to visit if you could visit anywhere? New Zealand comes to mind, but there are so many options.
- Do you have a bucket list? No
- What is your greatest fear? Heights, perhaps, but only if there is real danger of falling. I have no problem flying in an airplane, for example, but the thought of skydiving terrifies me.
- What is your favorite animal? Dogs, in general. Specifically, basset hounds really make me smile.
- Are you a sweet or salty snack person? Definitely sweet.
- What is your favorite song? Seriously, I need to devote a post or a whole series of posts to address this question. There is no way I can limit myself to just one song; I don't think I could even pick only one song per genre. Stay tuned, so to speak.
- What does your weekday breakfast look like? It varies, but usually is something quick. Oatmeal, or eggs, or cold cereal.
- What is your favorite season? Today it is fall. Soon to be followed by winter, spring, and finally summer.
- Do you vote? Yes, every election!
- Will you retire early? Is this an option for homemakers? :-)
Be sure to stop by and visit those great blogs and see their answers to the following questions:
- What is one talent you would like to have?
- What's the last movie you watched in the theater?
- Do you play a musical instrument? If so, which one(s)?
- Name one of your favorite childhood books.
- Night owl or early bird?
- Do you have any pets? If so, tell us about them.
- When you were a child, how did you answer the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
- What is the last thing you planted?
- If you had to choose another time in which to live, which would you choose?
- What one word would you like others to use to describe you?
- What is one of your favorite mottos, sayings, or verses?
I wish I could have linked all of the blogs I read. If your blog isn't listed, you can still play along. Just choose one of the questions above--or make up your own--and answer in a comment.
Oh Kristi, it was much fun to learn more about you....the snake made me chuckle....what a sight you must have been. ;0)ReplyDelete
Thanks for playing along!
I so enjoy reading other people's quick lists about themselves. It fascinates me to see what, out of their entire lives, they choose to pick at any given moment.ReplyDelete
I'll get right on mine!
It was really fun reading some "extras" about you that I hadn't known before. I appreciate that you tagged me, but I try to keep those off my blog, and besides, I wouldn't want to break the rules....lol!ReplyDelete
This was a great blog! It was fun finding things out about you I didn't know.ReplyDelete
What fun to read about you! Thank you for choosing me. I have decided to decline from the tag, because I have found that when I tag some one else or pass an award, that most bloggers just refrain from them. So I will pass, but thanks for including me. I do think you have a sweet and wonderful blog!ReplyDelete