|Photo: Sunbeams shine through fluffy clouds in a blue sky. "Ten Things of Thankful" is at the top of the image, with numbers 1-10 down the left side. At the bottom, "Join weekly at www.thankfulme.net"
Next week, the Ten Things of Thankful blog hop celebrates its 6th anniversary. To make it extra special, we're going to join with Finish the Sentence Friday. The more the merrier! Please mark your calendars, throw up the party banner, pick up a cupcake, and get ready to celebrate with us!
We don't have to wait until a big event to remember why we are thankful, though. Knowing that each week I will be making a list makes me look for reasons to be thankful. Here are the things I found this week:
1. I'm thankful for an upcoming graduation. Although oldest daughter graduated from law school last year and passed the bar exam, she decided to take a few more classes so she could get a master's in tax law. She finishes her finals this week and graduation is on the horizon.
2. I'm thankful that said daughter also was hired at a firm that exactly suits her. She will be working with families with disabled members, doing estate planning, guardianships, special needs trusts, etc.
3. I'm thankful that youngest daughter's willingness to share her story helped oldest daughter get her job. The lawyers at the firm all have family members with disabilities, and oldest daughter was able to explain that she, too, personally understood the impact of disability on a family.
4. I'm thankful for my own sister, whose birthday is today. Happy birthday!
5. I'm thankful for the rain we have received this spring. It's the 2nd rainiest spring on record here, and all the moisture has made everything so green! I know it won't be like this every year, but I am really enjoying it while it lasts.
|Photo: The view from my back door of a green (normally brown) mountain foothill. John stands with a shovel (more on that later) near rocks that form a dry creek bed. In the foreground are two patio tables and chairs.
|Photo: Five little rose bushes and five lavender plants are growing in a mulched bed. A chicken wire fence surrounds the area.
|Photo: A bud on a little rose plant
|Photo: John digs a big circle to level an area for a fire pit.
10. I'm thankful for John. He's got a great balance: he's not a workaholic, but he's also a hard worker. I appreciate both his dedication to his work, and his priorities.
What are you thankful for this week? Are you planning to attend next week's anniversary party? I hope so!
Joining me this week:
The Prolific Pulse
The Wakefield Doctrine
Viola's Daily Musings
Backsies is What There is Not