|Photo: Sunbeams shine through fluffy clouds in a blue sky. "Ten Things of Thankful" is at the top of the image, with numbers 1-10 down the left side. At the bottom, "Join weekly at www.thankfulme.net"|
Next week, the Ten Things of Thankful blog hop celebrates its 6th anniversary. To make it extra special, we're going to join with Finish the Sentence Friday. The more the merrier! Please mark your calendars, throw up the party banner, pick up a cupcake, and get ready to celebrate with us!
We don't have to wait until a big event to remember why we are thankful, though. Knowing that each week I will be making a list makes me look for reasons to be thankful. Here are the things I found this week:
1. I'm thankful for an upcoming graduation. Although oldest daughter graduated from law school last year and passed the bar exam, she decided to take a few more classes so she could get a master's in tax law. She finishes her finals this week and graduation is on the horizon.
2. I'm thankful that said daughter also was hired at a firm that exactly suits her. She will be working with families with disabled members, doing estate planning, guardianships, special needs trusts, etc.
3. I'm thankful that youngest daughter's willingness to share her story helped oldest daughter get her job. The lawyers at the firm all have family members with disabilities, and oldest daughter was able to explain that she, too, personally understood the impact of disability on a family.
4. I'm thankful for my own sister, whose birthday is today. Happy birthday!
5. I'm thankful for the rain we have received this spring. It's the 2nd rainiest spring on record here, and all the moisture has made everything so green! I know it won't be like this every year, but I am really enjoying it while it lasts.
|Photo: The view from my back door of a green (normally brown) mountain foothill. John stands with a shovel (more on that later) near rocks that form a dry creek bed. In the foreground are two patio tables and chairs.|
|Photo: Five little rose bushes and five lavender plants are growing in a mulched bed. A chicken wire fence surrounds the area.|
|Photo: A bud on a little rose plant|
|Photo: John digs a big circle to level an area for a fire pit.|
10. I'm thankful for John. He's got a great balance: he's not a workaholic, but he's also a hard worker. I appreciate both his dedication to his work, and his priorities.
What are you thankful for this week? Are you planning to attend next week's anniversary party? I hope so!
Joining me this week:
The Prolific Pulse
The Wakefield Doctrine
Viola's Daily Musings
Backsies is What There is Not
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
I'm thankful for this group! I was reading to Hans about oldest daughter and he was asking about which firm, then I explained we are from all over the place. He's a CPA and said that's awesome about your daughter. We're also figuring out about special needs trust and able accounts.ReplyDelete
One of the things I love about the TToT community is how global it really is.Delete
Congratulations to your lawyer daughter and many happy returns of the day to your sister. It sounds like your cup is certainly running over!ReplyDelete
Thank you; it truly is.Delete
Totally on my calendar for next weekend. Glad to hear that Kristi Campbell and them will be joining in on the 'hop, (very talented bunch of bloggers there).ReplyDelete
Pass on birthday greetings to your sister.
Watching with interest John's efforts and progress with the landscape project. Nothing more satisfying, for the 'scale of effect' if nothing else. Altering the earth itself.
Yes, the TToT has attracted very talented bloggers throughout the years, and I'm looking forward to a reunion of sorts this next weekend.Delete
John's outside digging right now. The project is certainly taking shape.
Further congratulations to your oldest daughter! How wonderful she is doing work in a field where competent, honest attorneys are especially needed.ReplyDelete
Belated birthday wishes to your sister :)
Not that the rose bed project doesn't look great but....can't wait to see the completed fire pit! How cool that will be!!
Thank you. She is a good fit for this particular firm, and I couldn't be happier for her.Delete
I'll post updates as the project progresses. :-)