|Photo: A red wood barn stands next to a paved walking path in a green pasture. Snow covered mountains loom in the background.
1. Flowers are blooming. Whether pansies on the porch or lilacs throughout the neighborhood, the flowers brighten yards and make me smile.
|Photo: White flower pots filled with blue and yellow pansies sit on a white porch rail. Yellow forsythia blossoms bloom in the background.
3. Drexel accompanied me on a walk. (I took the photo of the barn above on said walk.) He's a well-behaved dog and a good companion.
4. Rose bushes came in the mail--and it's supposed to be nice this weekend, so we can get them planted! 😊
5. A $10 off $10 purchase coupon from JCPenney. I noticed the other day that when I get complimented on the clothes I wear, it is when I am wearing clothes that I have purchased within the past year. I'm more inclined to dress comfortably than fashionably, and what's more comfortable than old clothes? I'm not a frequent clothes shopper, but when I have a $10 off $10 coupon, I will go get an updated piece for my wardrobe.
6. I've been doing a 5-day Find Your Purpose Challenge (conniesokol.com). I've listened to Connie at BYU Education Week several times, and have always appreciated her enthusiasm and insight. I've had so much change in my life the past couple of years, and I'm enjoying the chance to re-evaluate and re-define where I'm headed in the future.
7. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I've been organizing my office. One of the things I did (well, truthfully, asked John to do) was to hang up the running finisher medals I have collected over the years. I really have not been running regularly since last September, when I really injured myself by running a half-marathon while injured. Seeing the medals up has reminded me how I feel when I complete races. I've re-committed to training, and am on-track to be prepared to run a half-marathon again in September. (Yes, it is week one of the training, but I am still on-track!)
8. Oldest daughter got a career job, and is now employed as a lawyer in a small office dedicated to helping individuals with disabilities and their families. She is so excited to be working with guardianships, estate planning, and the like.
9. Today I attended BYU Women's Conference with youngest daughter. We had so much fun together, and also heard great speakers and each completed finishing an infant fleece blanket for charity.
9-1/2. At Women's Conference, we ran into some friends from California. It was so nice to catch up a bit. One of them has also moved out-of-state in the past couple of years, so we spent some time commiserating together about how hard it is. It was good for both of us, I think. 💕
10. As always, I'm thankful for John. He cheers me on and encourages me in my endeavors.
I've been blogging here at ThankfulMe for over 8 years now, and I'm realizing more and more each day just how much benefit comes from developing gratitude. The Ten Things of Thankful blog hop has been going on for nearly 6 years. Whether or not you've participated in the link-up before, you're invited to share what you are thankful for with the TToT community. Try it out, and see how it changes you!
Linking up this week:
The Prolific Pulse
The Wakefield Doctrine
A Season and a Time
Viola's Daily Musings
Backsies is What There is Not