|Photo: Me and my sister smile for the camera. We both have curly, shoulder-length hair and glasses.|
This week, I'm thankful for:
1. A new office chair. As a Mother's Day gift, John took me on Monday night to pick out a chair for my office. I found one that is much more comfortable than the folding chair I had been using. Bonus that it looks nice, too!
2. Time with my sister! On Tuesday, as I was finishing up my walk with my neighbor (thankful #3), I got a phone call from my sister. She asked if I wanted house guests that day for a couple of days. Of course!
It was a very last-minute, low-key visit, but we managed to squeeze in lots of good things:
4. Talking and laughing.
5. Sharing books and television shows. (I think I got her hooked on Relative Race! If you haven't watched it yet, you are missing out.)
6. Cupcakes. It would have been a shame for my sister to not taste a Cupcake Wars winning cupcake, so we had to stop by Cravings Alisha's Cupcakes.
7. A game of Five Crowns.
8. Watching hummingbirds at my newly-hung feeder.
The visit was over all-too-soon, but it was nice to spend some time with my sister.
9. Safe travels. Her flight in was diverted to Pocatello, Idaho due to the weather. The flight out was delayed (again, due to weather), but otherwise uneventful.
10. John. The digging for planting the roses continues. Our rocky hard soil leaves much to be desired, but John is determined to get the holes to the suggested size. I appreciate all his hard work.
In 3 short weeks, the Ten Things of Thankful blog hop will be celebrating its 6th anniversary. I hope you'll join us then (and as often as you can!) Do you have any thoughts/ideas/suggestions as we head into the 7th year?
Joining us this week:
A Season and a Time
The Prolific Pulse
The Wakefield Doctrine
Viola's Daily Musings
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
Nice that your sister was able to stay for a bit. Cupcakes? Yum!ReplyDelete
We had a nice visit, and the cupcakes were yummy. :-)Delete
Hooray for sisters! Since i grew up with just brothers, i was very thankful for female friends who stood in as sisters to me, and i'm glad you had a great time.ReplyDelete
Yes, female friends make good sisters, too. :-)Delete
A new office chair will make your time working in your office so much more pleasant.ReplyDelete
I love that photo of you two!
I think the anniversary posts will be interesting and I am looking forward to that.
Ideas: maybe an item we post frequently; funniest item posted; changes we notice in the blog hop over the years; valuable lesson learned from participating in TToT.
Just some ideas.
love my office chair! I'm happy for you and all your awesome events!!ReplyDelete
It's so nice to have a comfortable place to sit! :-)Delete
New office chair! Given how much time those of us who frequent the virtual world, it surely must be fun, this addition.ReplyDelete
We have hummingbirds but no feeder... probably should get one as they are must amazing of animals. (The one or two that come to the window at my desk show up un-announced and so I have yet to get a photo.)
Sounds like a very enjoyable visit.
Digging holes! One my favorite things.
The chair is much better than what I had been using.Delete
Hanging the feeder here is a bit of an experiment; last year we had so many wasps we didn't dare hang a container of sugar water. This feeder claims to be wasp-proof, so we're giving it a try.
I too say congrats on the new chair! Although when extra sleepy, I'd probably appreciate a folding chair instead of one all comfy cozy😁ReplyDelete
Nothing like an unexpected visit to shake things up!
I'm at lunch now - I suddenly have a craving for a giant cupcake, lol. I'll take a carrot cake one please 😜
Yay for 6 years of the TToT!!!!!
Anytime you're in town, I'll take you to the cupcake shop! :-)Delete