|Photo: Me and my sister smile for the camera. We both have curly, shoulder-length hair and glasses.|
This week, I'm thankful for:
1. A new office chair. As a Mother's Day gift, John took me on Monday night to pick out a chair for my office. I found one that is much more comfortable than the folding chair I had been using. Bonus that it looks nice, too!
2. Time with my sister! On Tuesday, as I was finishing up my walk with my neighbor (thankful #3), I got a phone call from my sister. She asked if I wanted house guests that day for a couple of days. Of course!
It was a very last-minute, low-key visit, but we managed to squeeze in lots of good things:
4. Talking and laughing.
5. Sharing books and television shows. (I think I got her hooked on Relative Race! If you haven't watched it yet, you are missing out.)
6. Cupcakes. It would have been a shame for my sister to not taste a Cupcake Wars winning cupcake, so we had to stop by Cravings Alisha's Cupcakes.
7. A game of Five Crowns.
8. Watching hummingbirds at my newly-hung feeder.
The visit was over all-too-soon, but it was nice to spend some time with my sister.
9. Safe travels. Her flight in was diverted to Pocatello, Idaho due to the weather. The flight out was delayed (again, due to weather), but otherwise uneventful.
10. John. The digging for planting the roses continues. Our rocky hard soil leaves much to be desired, but John is determined to get the holes to the suggested size. I appreciate all his hard work.
In 3 short weeks, the Ten Things of Thankful blog hop will be celebrating its 6th anniversary. I hope you'll join us then (and as often as you can!) Do you have any thoughts/ideas/suggestions as we head into the 7th year?
Joining us this week:
A Season and a Time
The Prolific Pulse
The Wakefield Doctrine
Viola's Daily Musings