I seem to have misplaced my blogging groove. I'm hopeful, though, that I will find it again soon, like I did my lost diamond. I know it's around here somewhere!
Posts yet to be written are piling up in my brain. Ideas are swirling around, waiting to come to fruition.
This past week was going to be my settle-into-a-routine, catch-up-on-blogging week, but life doesn't always cooperate. Like the proverbial camel, one little thing after another has required my attention and slowed my progress. (And let me make it clear that I'm talking about things, not people! Time spent with people is time well-spent.) The straw that really slowed the blogging down was the demise of my computer, and the subsequent efforts to revive and ultimately replace the laptop. Then the replacement was reluctant to connect to the internet, and I fought frustration.
I didn't even make it to all of the TToT posts last weekend before my computer died. I apologize if I didn't comment on your post.
Despite my frustration with (my lack of) blogging, I have much to be thankful for, and it's the weekend, which means it's time for the Ten Things of Thankful!
1. I'm thankful for my new laptop. Youngest son described my old one as "sad." This one is lighter, faster, isn't missing keys, and the battery works!
2. I'm thankful for youngest son. He's my go-to tech guy. He suggested this particular computer, and then walked me through driver installation when I couldn't connect to the internet. Without his help, I would have been a lot more frustrated than I was.
3. I'm thankful for this blog hop. I love the idea of people from all over the world, with diverse interests and experiences, joining together in gratitude each week. What a positive, uplifting thing!
4. I'm thankful for Lizzi, who started the Ten Things of Thankful, and who allowed me to jump in as a co-host. She has a compassionate soul.
5. I'm thankful for the other co-hosts, who I mention in conversation so frequently that John knows them on a first-name basis. You can find links to their blogs in the link-up below.
7. I'm thankful for my mom, who recently has been gung-ho about blogging. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she starts writing code soon. Go check out her blog, A Season and a Time.
8. I'm thankful for friends who I knew before blogging, or who met me before they knew I blog. While blogging friendships are real, friendship is improved by in-person visits. I enjoy getting together with friends.
9. I'm thankful for guide dog puppies, who provide a subject for some of my blog posts. Willow is now in phase 6 of formal guide dog training. Only 7 and 8 still to go before being matched up with a person and graduating! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she will become a working guide! (AND. . . in big puppy news, I should be receiving a new guide dog puppy-in-training at the end of October! I'm going to co-raise this next one. More on that later.)
10. You know I'm thankful for John. He supports my blogging efforts. He reminds me to take photos, he suggests things I can put on my lists, and he gives asked-for feedback, while all the time supporting my decisions. He even makes breakfast while I blog. (It's ready now, so I'm ending this post!)
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group