As Mother's Day is this weekend, I thought it only appropriate that I share, in this TToT, things my Mom taught by example. Happy Mother's Day, Mom!
1. I'm thankful that Mom taught the joy of exploration. What do we do at the coast? We look for shells and rocks, of course!
2. I'm thankful that Mom taught me that it's fun to just be silly sometimes.
|(It only looks like my mom was having more fun than I.)|
3. I'm thankful that she taught me that pianos are not just decorative pieces of furniture, but that they are instruments to be played often.
|I'm not sure, but I think that Mom is holding a music book to add to the collection behind her. (And that is only a small fraction of the total!)|
4. I'm thankful that Mom and Dad taught me what a happy marriage looks like.
5. I'm thankful that Mom taught by example what it means to be a devoted daughter. Though she has always been attentive, in recent years, she has been caretaker to first her mother-in-law, and now her own mom.
|In earlier years, before the grandmas moved in. (Taken at my dad's mom's house.)|
6. I'm thankful Mom taught me to smile even when things are tough.
|We decided to visit Silver Falls, Oregon, on what started out to be a beautiful, sunny day. We ended up getting hammered by hail and snow. No matter; we still had fun.|
8. I'm thankful that Mom taught me the satisfaction that comes with gardening.
9. I'm thankful Mom taught me to to prepare home-cooked meals (including dessert) from scratch.
10. I'm thankful for all the other things Mom showed me, including faith, sympathy, service. . . but most of all, love.
Thanks for my hard-working, loving Mom (and Mom-in-law, and Grandma, too!) for everything. You've done far more than ten things. I love you! Happy Mother's Day!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude</ a>, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal</ a>, I Want Backsies, Mother of Imperfection, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine