1. I'm thankful for ice cream for breakfast. No, this wasn't a family tradition relived, but rather evidence of Mom's practical nature. If one mistakenly puts the ice cream in the refrigerator instead of the freezer, when one discovers the softened treat the next morning, the obvious answer is to serve it for breakfast. You'll hear no objection from me. In fact, I might have suggested it!
2. I'm thankful for precipitation. The overcast skies from which water falls as drizzle, rain, hail--or Oregon's favorite, "liquid sunshine"--just beg me to slow down.
3. I'm thankful for the bucolic setting of my parents' area. Greeting the neighbor's lambs with a "Baaaa!" and having them return the call makes me laugh every time.
4. I'm thankful for cute little towns that reflect their cultural origins.
5. I'm thankful for unexpected sights. I wondered if this camel had as amazing a story as Bruce.
6. I'm thankful for bloggers who have a search gadget on their blogs. I'm usually pretty good about remembering which blogger wrote about a particular subject (like a camel) but I don't always remember exactly when I read it. A search gadget makes it very easy to find and link the post.
7. I'm thankful for whimsy. I don't know who owns this house, but I love it. I love Craftsman homes anyway, but this one just begged to have its photo taken!
8. I'm thankful that animals still roam free, and that this sight is not uncommon for my parents:
9. I'm thankful for the beautiful blossoms of spring.
10. I'm thankful I had a chance to visit my parents and grandma, and I'm thankful to be home with John. While I was gone, John surprised me by repairing the light fixture in our bedroom. Our room is bright and cheery now!
(11.) Just heard from my oldest daughter that she has been accepted to multiple law schools! Now all she has to do is decide between them. :-)
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group