1. No one is perfect. Rather, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are perfect, and the rest of us are not. Because we are all in the same boat, there is no need to judge or compare. I'm not in a position to bring up the short-comings of others, and there is no need to beat myself up for my own failures.
2. Jesus Christ has conquered both spiritual and physical death.
Love of and for God and love for fellowmen really sums up what I hope I stand for, and recognizing His help gives me patience and encouragement.
This week, I've felt that love. I'm thankful.
5. I observed service rendered and service graciously received. Everyone benefited.
6. I observed the beauty of nature. (If you haven't seen the photos of the California poppy fields this year, you'll want to click on that link.) Flowers and sunsets were especially beautiful this week.
7. On a related note, I went for another walk and shared not only the experience of observing nature, but also shared helpful conversation. The end was better than the beginning, and that's always a good thing.
8. I had an opportunity to help some people learn about Relative Finder. In past posts, found here and here, I've explained how to participate in this fun family history site. Go try it out. Let me know who you are related to--who knows, we could be cousins!
9. Willow helped a grieving man. John and I, for date night last night, went to LA's Union Station. Metro was presenting a free slide show by Charles Phoenix. We've seen several of Charles Phoenix's slide shows before, and always enjoy them. Anyway, we sat next to a man who leaned over during the performance to tell me that he had just put his dog down this week, and out of all the places we could sit, we chose to sit next to him. I allowed him to pet Willow, she loved the attention, and I think she helped ease his pain.
10. I'm thankful for John, for so many different reasons and on so many different levels. On the lighter side, we just have fun together. He's looking forward to pie for breakfast today. At 9:26, of course. And we'll have pie tonight at the same time. (It is National Pi Day.) On a more serious note, we are married. We have entered into a covenant together, and with God. We are stronger together than we are individually.
OK, your turn! What have you been thankful for this week?
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group