|A mixed bouquet of pink and purple flowers sits on a round table|
Last weekend, I celebrated another birthday. I think the earth moves around the sun faster and faster each year, but I can't prove it. Before another minute goes by, let me share my Ten Things of Thankful list for this week.
I'm thankful for family:
- A birthday dinner with my daughter
- Birthday calls/texts from family members
- Beautiful flowers from my children
- A Facetime call with grandchildren. (My grandson repeated three words the entire time: "I am three!" At one point, I told him I would call him Groot.😉)
- Drexel and his laid-back nature (The following video shows Drexel on the floor, while the robotic vacuum repeatedly runs into him and starts up his hind leg and tail. Drexel never gets up.)
- John and his engineering skills. Yesterday, the bishopric of our ward (church congregation) drove around the neighborhood and (taking care to observe covid recommendations) passed out doughnuts to everyone. Each bishopric member was encouraged to decorate his car. Our minivan became a Minnie (and Mickey) van.
|A faded silver Kia Sedona has the words, "Happy Halloween," spelled out in vinyl letters on its hood, along with orange vinyl Mickey Mouse heads with bat wings. A huge Mickey ears cardboard cutout rests on the roof of the van.|
- Extended family who have joined a virtual family reunion Facebook page. It's nice to reconnect, and in some cases "meet" for the first time, family members. Old photos and memories are being posted, and usually someone can answer the question of "Who is this in this photo?"
- For those who did anonymous acts of service for us: edging our lawn and weeding while we were gone on vacation, leaving us little goodies on our porch, and even bringing cupcakes for my birthday.
- For those who texted, left Facebook greetings, and brought thoughtful gifts.
|A sweet little succulent sits on my kitchen windowsill.|
|Smoke from the Range Fire billows down Provo Canyon|
|The deep red leaves of sumac contrast with the starting-to-turn yellow quaking aspen leaves|