|Photo: A dusting of snow in my front yard|
1. I nearly hit a tumbleweed on the freeway this week. Of course, I'm thankful I did not, but I'm also thankful for tumbleweeds. They just make me laugh, and remind me of the desert of California where we used to live. While I have no desire to return there permanently, seeing the tumbleweed was like a friend saying "Hi!"
2. Apparently California received a lot of rain this past winter, which helped bring about the super bloom the poppy fields are now experiencing. I'm thankful that I have seen the poppies in years past; the fields are truly beautiful.
3. I'm thankful that my grandchildren (and their parents!) will be coming to visit over Easter weekend. They are excited to see Grandma's house, and I am excited to see them!
4. The apricot tree in my front yard is about to "pop!" If you aren't familiar with Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree, here's a video. If you have a toddler, they will love it. (When I look for videos to share, I always try to find "official" videos. I was having a hard time with this song. It was a choice between this one and one by Roseann Barr. I chose this one because I prefer "armful" to "handful," but I also prefer "but it seemed to be" instead of "me," so this isn't exactly my favorite rendition.)
5. I'm thankful I survived another day of High Fitness. It hurts to lift my arms above my head now, but I survived.
6. I'm thankful for my now-regular walks with my neighbor. Those mornings are, in my mind, primarily social events, with the physical exercise an added bonus.
7. I'm also thankful for the wildlife we have observed on our walks. One day we spotted a pheasant. On our most recent walk, about 20 deer crossed the path in front of us. Of course, the entire time I was "filming" the herd, I apparently didn't push the button to start the recording. I guess you'll just have to take my word for it!
8. I'm thankful for my little brother, who celebrated a birthday this week.
9. I'm thankful that General Conference is coming up next weekend. I always hear something that is helpful in my life.
10. I'm thankful for John. And, I'm glad to say that we received a copy of our marriage certificate today, and the misspelling of his name is corrected. We're legit. :-)
Be sure to check out the posts by other bloggers who are participating this week, and let us know what you are thankful for, too!
Messy Mimi's Meanderings
The Wakefield Doctrine
Viola's Daily Musings
A Season and a Time
Backsies is What There is Not
The Prolific Pulse