|Photo: Buds swell on a forsythia branch|
Jumping right into the list today:
1. It is officially spring! No matter that snow might fall on Saturday; the plants know that soon it will be safe to bloom.
2. Oldest daughter has graced our life for another year. Happy birthday!
3. Two nice walks with my neighbor.
4. Learning about, and attending, an exercise class at the church. Before the class started, the instructor explained that the class was like "old-school aerobics from the 80's but updated." Whenever there were vintage moves (grapevine, anyone?), my muscle memory took over. Whenever we were supposed to be doing updated moves, I was the awkward, uncoordinated person who was at least a step behind what everyone was doing. The good news is, I'm the oldest person there! I'm comfortable in my own uncoordinated skin, and even if I was concerned about what anyone thought, I think they would just be impressed an old person was trying. It's a nice group of women. (And I feel like I rocked the grapevine!)
5. Book club met this week. It's the first time since December I was able to make the meeting. We obligingly discussed A Girl Named Zippy between lots of social chatting. I enjoyed the book, and enjoyed the company even more.
6. A friend from California is passing through Utah today, and we have plans to get together.
7. As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I recently talked with the great-aunt of my (adopted) daughters. As she promised, she sent photos of their birth dad. We have all had fun seeing the physical resemblances between the girls and him. With my daughters' permission, I share these photos:
|Top photo: My daughters' birth dad|
Bottom photo: My daughters
9. On a similar note, but with no deadline, I've had motivation to tackle organizing paperwork. The project is nowhere near done, but I'm glad for the "spring cleaning" bug!
10. As always, I'm thankful for John. 💗
What are you thankful for now that spring is here? Comment below, and feel free to link up your own thankful post!
Messy Mimi's Meanderings
Girlie on the Edge
A Season and a Time
A Multitude of Musings
The Wakefield Doctrine
The Prolific Pulse
Viola's Daily Musings