|Photo: Buds swell on a forsythia branch|
Jumping right into the list today:
1. It is officially spring! No matter that snow might fall on Saturday; the plants know that soon it will be safe to bloom.
2. Oldest daughter has graced our life for another year. Happy birthday!
3. Two nice walks with my neighbor.
4. Learning about, and attending, an exercise class at the church. Before the class started, the instructor explained that the class was like "old-school aerobics from the 80's but updated." Whenever there were vintage moves (grapevine, anyone?), my muscle memory took over. Whenever we were supposed to be doing updated moves, I was the awkward, uncoordinated person who was at least a step behind what everyone was doing. The good news is, I'm the oldest person there! I'm comfortable in my own uncoordinated skin, and even if I was concerned about what anyone thought, I think they would just be impressed an old person was trying. It's a nice group of women. (And I feel like I rocked the grapevine!)
5. Book club met this week. It's the first time since December I was able to make the meeting. We obligingly discussed A Girl Named Zippy between lots of social chatting. I enjoyed the book, and enjoyed the company even more.
6. A friend from California is passing through Utah today, and we have plans to get together.
7. As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I recently talked with the great-aunt of my (adopted) daughters. As she promised, she sent photos of their birth dad. We have all had fun seeing the physical resemblances between the girls and him. With my daughters' permission, I share these photos:
|Top photo: My daughters' birth dad|
Bottom photo: My daughters
9. On a similar note, but with no deadline, I've had motivation to tackle organizing paperwork. The project is nowhere near done, but I'm glad for the "spring cleaning" bug!
10. As always, I'm thankful for John. 💗
What are you thankful for now that spring is here? Comment below, and feel free to link up your own thankful post!
Messy Mimi's Meanderings
Girlie on the Edge
A Season and a Time
A Multitude of Musings
The Wakefield Doctrine
The Prolific Pulse
Viola's Daily Musings
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
Spring is a good thing, i think it makes most of us very happy.ReplyDelete
Wishing your daughter many happy returns of the day!
Spring is a good thing. I love to watch the flowers bloom and the birds return.Delete
OK! You don't have to rub it in. I'll do my taxes this weekend! LOL I'm determined to not wait until final post mark date to do them :DReplyDelete
I am channeling your #9. Been on my mind. This weekend is THE weekend for me.
Walks, visiting with friends...lovely list Kristi.
Happy Birthday wishes to your daughter.
Sorry if I elicited a guilt trip--that wasn't my intent! Though I had the paperwork for taxes, organizing all my other papers is much more than a weekend task for me! Kudos to you if you can get it all done in one weekend. :-)Delete
Happy brithday to your daughter!ReplyDelete
I’m so glad spring is here. I can’t see the pics, but I should mention that I love forsythias.
Forsythias are one of the first signs of spring, and have such cheery yellow blossoms. :-)Delete
What a nice close up of the forsythia!ReplyDelete
Okay, we need pictures of you doing the grapevine. :-) So glad you are having fun in the class and are feeling comfortable in your own skin.
The book sounds like an interesting read.
Yeah for having the taxes done!
Thank you. I was pleasantly surprised with the photo--I just used my phone to take it.Delete
No photos of the grapevine. I'm pretty sure my perception of my skill is higher than my actual skill. :-)
I think you'd like A Girl Named Zippy. It's written from a child's perspective, and the phrasing of some of the sentences made me chuckle.
Your TToT posts I enjoy and hold as a standard for my own effortsReplyDelete
(not so often attained, goals should exceed grasp and all). This week's is no exception. I think what I like the most is your range (of items) that are nevertheless brought under the same tent.
Thanks for all your work 'keeping the lights on' at this here bloghop here.
Thank you, and thanks for your help in keeping this blog hop going.Delete
What a lovely list! Yay on getting taxes done! Since my beloved is a CPA -hence my countdown to April 15 - it's tax day every day here! Ours are done! As an adoptive parent, I can appreciate your wonder. We were able to connect to family on my daughter's mother's side. It's amazing with the resemblance. I read Zippy and loved it. The other book She Got off The Couch by the same author is good as well. Love that you grooved to the grapevine!ReplyDelete
Someone at book club mentioned She Got Off the Couch. I'll have to check it out!Delete