|Photo: A framed sign that reads, "thankful"
Thanksgiving 2018 has come and gone, but the reasons to be thankful remain. I hope each of you has had a nice week, and the chance to reflect upon the things that bring you a feeling of gratitude.
1. I'm thankful for John's sister, who again hosted Thanksgiving at her house. I spent Thanksgiving morning making a couple of side dishes, watching the Macy's Day Parade, then catching some of the Westminster Dog Show. In the afternoon, John and I, along with our youngest daughter and two of my sister's boys, went to John's sister's house and had a wonderful time visiting with family (thankful #2) and enjoying delicious food (thankful #3).
4. I'm thankful for willing blogger friends who have each agreed to write a guest post for me in December. Many of my posts in December will be regarding the #LightTheWorld initiative, and the guest posts will go along with the weekly themes. I hope you will check in frequently, learn about various service organizations and how each of these friends incorporate service into their lives, and be inspired to #LightTheWorld, too.
(I am still open for other guest posts. If you would like to share information about ways in which you--or organizations you are involved with--serve the world, community, family, or faith, please let me know.)
5. I'm thankful for the chance to try new things. Next Wednesday, I will be going live on Facebook for the first time as I attend the unveiling of some service vending machines. These are the same machines that were in Salt Lake City last December. There are other vending machines in New York, Arizona, England, and the Philippines this year, as well.
If you follow my Facebook page, you can tune in at 7 p.m. Mountain time on Wednesday the 28th to watch the giving machines in action.
6. I'm thankful I still get excited about snow. We've had some fall from the sky recently, but don't have any accumulating on the ground yet at our house. The mountain peaks are getting whiter, though, and they are beautiful!
7. I'm thankful for a warm house. Even though I love to see the snow fall, I also appreciate the safety and warmth of my house.
8. I'm thankful that Thanksgiving was early this year, so we have the maximum time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love the weeks between the holidays to take in the music, lights, and activities of the season.
9. I'm thankful to be in our home for Christmas. Last year, we were living in a temporary rental, and I only minimally decorated. This year, John has already put the outdoor lights up, and I'm almost done with the indoor decor. I love seeing each item finding a place in this new-to-us home.
10. I'm thankful, as always, for John. The short work week allowed us lots of time to spend together. We crossed items off the to-do list, enjoyed Thanksgiving with family, and went to see the movie, Instant Family. (As foster/adoptive parents, we found the movie very authentic, and recommend it.)
How was your Thanksgiving? What are you thankful for this week?