|Photo: Trees covered in tiny Christmas lights frame the Salt Lake Temple|
1. I'm thankful for the darkness, so I can see the lights. John and I went to see Luminaria, a light display, on Monday night. It was magical. (You can click the link to read my post and see photos and video.)
2. I'm thankful for the cold, so I can appreciate the warmth. The temperatures have dropped. Sweaters, coats, gloves, hats, and scarves keep me warm.
3. I'm thankful for drought, so I can appreciate precipitation. The earth sighs as the rain soaks into her ground. The blanket of snow on the mountains promises water in the spring and summer.
4. I'm thankful for injury, so I can appreciate health. (This one is a bit of a stretch--no pun intended, though you can go ahead and laugh--but there's nothing quite like a slow recovery from an injury to make me appreciate feeling 100%.) My treadmill walks have been increasing in both frequency and speed. I am optimistic that I will be able to start running again soon.
5. I'm thankful for clutter, so I can appreciate order. We cleared out the garage when we donated unneeded items. Every time I push the remote control and pull the car into the garage, I'm happy.
6. I'm thankful for a long to-do list, so I can appreciate more relaxing times.
7. I'm thankful for the months without the constant stream of Christmas music, because it makes those familiar strains all the more enjoyable between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
8. Similarly, I'm thankful that the Christmas decorations sit in boxes for most of the year, because when they are unpacked, they are remembered, noticed, and enjoyed.
9. I'm thankful for change and new things because it keeps life interesting. Specifically, I'm thankful for guest post bloggers and giveaways that are helping me put some spark back into this blog. If you haven't entered the giveaway yet, be sure to do it! (And please follow the rules by leaving a comment on the blog post as well as filling out the Rafflecopter form.)
10. As always, I'm thankful for John, who is a constant in my life.
What are you thankful for this week? Please consider linking up your own Ten Things of Thankful post, and reading and commenting on the other linked posts. I'm thankful for the TToT community! :-)