Do you ever have one of those moments when you realize that something that seemed to happen recently, actually happened weeks, months, or even years ago? Similarly, do you ever suddenly remember something you meant to say, but the moment is gone? Today is the first day of May, but I'm going to count thankfuls not only from this past week (in April), but also from previous weeks, that I forgot to mention. Luckily, thankfulness is not confined by time.
1. I'm thankful that I managed to get the suitcases unpacked and put away, and the laundry done, before we'd been home a week. I felt so accomplished! It's the little things, right?
2. I'm thankful that Deedee has responded well to long walks. After a 4-mile walk on Wednesday, followed by breakfast and a warm bath, Deedee snuggled in my arms and fell asleep. She made me feel like she had missed me.
|Photo: Deedee gazes up at me|
|Photo: A close-up of Deedee's face, while she sleeps on my lap|
3. I'm thankful Deedee is learning obedience.
|Photo: Deedee sits and stays while in her green guide dog vest|
|Photo: Black lab Deedee, wearing her green vest, stands on the sandy, paw-print-filled, path|
5. I'm thankful for the smells of the garden. I wish there was a way to convey the sweet, old-fashioned rose smell through the computer. You'll just have to imagine the fragrance that comes from a rose called Scentimental.
|Photo: Red and white blossom of the Scentimental rose|
|Photo: Yellow, deep-rose, and salmon-colored roses bloom along a block wall|
8. I'm thankful that some little birds have decided to build a nest in a birdhouse we hung up years ago. It had gone empty for so long, I decided it must just be decorative. I was surprised to see a little twig nest inside when I peaked in today.
9. I'm thankful (in advance) for sleep. It's too late for a nap now, but I'm looking forward to my head hitting the pillow tonight.
10. I'm thankful for John. Usually, I'm home from church before he is, but today I had a meeting afterward, so he beat me home. When I got home, he fixed dinner. That was a sweet thing to do, and I appreciate it!
What are you thankful for this week? Or, what did you remember this week that you were thankful for last month, year, etc.? Let us know! There's still time to link up!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine