Today is Good Friday. Sunday is Easter. I attended a funeral this morning. This talk, "Sunday Will Come," by Joseph B. Wirthlin, was referenced at the service. What fitting and appropriate words for the occasion!
1. I'm thankful for that Easter Sunday when death was conquered.
2. I'm thankful for the beautiful spring weather we're enjoying.
3. I'm thankful for the chance to visit with friends.
4. I'm thankful for a new bubbler for my aquarium--but not as thankful as the fish are!
5. I'm thankful for the chance to spend time with my oldest granddaughter.
6. I'm thankful for guide dog puppies. Willow graduated and Deedee is progressing.
|Photo: Black lab guide dog puppy-in-training, Deedee, sits on the green grass and looks up at the camera|
7. I'm thankful that my youngest daughter was able to have a Harry Potter party with her friend. Mandrake cupcakes, anyone?
|Photo: A cupcake resembles a plant growing in a flowerpot|
8. I'm thankful for sleep. It's been another busy week, and while I'm not dumb enough to predict that things are slowing down, I do at least hope to include a bit more sleep. I love sleep!
9. I'm thankful for phone calls and texts from my family.
10. I'm thankful for John, who has been Busy, with a capital B. We look forward to date night even more on busy weeks, I think, when we can set aside the crazy schedule and focus on enjoying each other's company.
How was your week? What are you thankful for this Easter weekend?
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine