Do I need to say that I love Thanksgiving? Though there were only 13 around the table this year (plus a baby), the house was full of love, laughter, and food. Let's jump right into the list for the week:
1. I'm thankful that everyone arrived safely. While I wouldn't say I'm an obsessive worrier, I'm always happy when everyone has been able to make it from point A to point B without incident.
2. I'm thankful for easy-going house guests. I don't think this needs elaboration.
3. I'm thankful that I've hosted Thanksgiving for years, so the dinner preparations are a familiar routine, rather than a stressful panic.
4. I'm thankful for helpers. I didn't provide all the food, and I didn't have to spend Thursday alone in the kitchen.
|Photo: 4 pie crusts made by John's mom sit on a rack made by John's dad
5. I'm thankful for leftovers. The weekend's meals need no planning--just open the fridge, and there they are!
6. I'm thankful for time spent together. We talk, laugh, play games, go places, watch movies, and just generally have a good time together.
7. I'm thankful that my kids who weren't here for Thanksgiving, were able to celebrate Thanksgiving together at the home of my daughter-in-law's parents. Kids grow up and move away, and I understand that. I'm just glad they weren't alone for the holidays.
8. I'm thankful for my grandchildren. Oldest granddaughter turned three on Thanksgiving day, and I loved watching her delight with the birthday festivities.
|Photo: My granddaughter, with her fingers in her mouth, sits in front of a pumpkin pie with 3 birthday candles.
9. I'm thankful for the beauty all around. The moon was especially beautiful this week.
|Photo: A nearly-full moon shines on a cloudy night.
Happy Thanksgiving! How did you observe Thanksgiving (or thanksgiving, if you live outside the US) this week?
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group