|Photo: A ripe strawberry in my November garden|
Not only has fall arrived, but Thanksgiving Day is in less than one week! I'll warm up for that day by listing ten things I'm thankful for:
1. The moon. Did you catch that gorgeous Supermoon this week? Wow! As it rose on Monday evening, there was a reddish-orange glow on the eastern horizon, and then that huge full moon. I didn't get a good photo then, but I did take a photo of the setting moon a day or two later. With some photo-editing, it looks like I took the photo at night. (It's still not a great photo, though.)
|Photo: The setting supermoon|
3. The #ThankfulActs challenges I've been posting for myself, and anyone else who wants to join in. I wanted to make sure I was acting upon thankful feelings, so I've been consciously trying to think of things I could do to express thankfulness. I will have a few more #ThankfulActs posts before Thanksgiving.
4. The #LightTheWorld Christmas campaign that my church is launching in December. Here's a short video explanation. I can't wait!
5. The temple. Friday night, John and I went together to the temple. No matter how many times we go, we always gain new insight, and we enjoy the peace that comes to us as we are in the temple.
6. Sweaters. Now that fall has arrived, I can wear sweaters again. I do love cozy sweaters!
7. International Forever stamps. When I was in the post office recently, I learned that now international postage is the same cost, no matter what country you are mailing to. Not only that, but the post office sells international Forever stamps. (For those of you outside the US, a Forever stamp is good forever. Even if the cost of postage increases, a letter can be sent with a Forever stamp. It used to be that Forever stamps were only valid in the US, but now there are Forever stamps for international postage.)
8. Rain and sunshine. Today, I noticed raindrops on my car as I left for church. On the drive there, sunbeams broke out from behind the clouds. It was such a spectacular sight; I wasn't the only person who pulled off the road to snap a quick photo.
|Photo: Light breaks through the clouds|
9. Stake conference. Twice a year, the local congregations of the church meet together in a conference. This weekend was our stake conference, and I really enjoyed the meetings. One speaker talked about replacing fear with faith and doubt with testimony. Another said that sometimes we mistakenly think that happiness is the absence of loads. We can have peace and happiness even during times of uncertainty and trials.
10. John. Whether we are working or playing, whether it's rainy or sunny, we enjoy spending time together. I'm thankful for him.
How has your week gone? What things are you thankful for?
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine