|A look out my back door. Snow is falling. The leaves on the aspen trees are turning yellow, and the sumac leaves are red.
Until yesterday, the weather for the week was gorgeous. Highs in the mid-70's and beautiful blue skies provided a lovely contrast to the changing colors of the trees. As I'm writing this, on Sunday afternoon, a light snow is falling. It's mesmerizing to watch from inside my warm house. Even though the seasons changed so abruptly, we made the most of the week, and I'm thankful:
1. For another year around the sun. John found a 4-leaf clover for me, all of my kids called or saw me in person. I'm definitely a lucky woman.
|a four-leaf clover that John found
2. For the hiking trails behind our home. The video below shows part of one of our hikes: a creek in the canyon.
3. For the changing fall leaves.
|Red-orange leaves on trees on the side of the road
4. For a visit to BYU's Museum of Art. It had been a while since we had been there. If you are ever in Provo, Utah, it's worth a look.
5. For a day trip with John's parents to the Bear River Bird Refuge. I didn't take any photos, but we did see a fair number of different kinds of birds.
6. For a date to Dry Bar Comedy. Good, clean, fun!
7. For a project completed. The paint on our back steps had worn down to practically non-existent. We were able to scrape, prime, and paint--and have the paint dry--before the weather turned.
8. For another project completed. Yesterday morning, we declared the garden done, and harvested all the tomatoes, cantaloupe, pumpkin, squash, raspberries, peppers, basil, and whatever else I'm forgetting at the moment.
9. For future plans. I love having ideas: for projects, for travel, for exercise goals, for books to read, for whatever. Some plans became more concrete this week.
10. For John, my partner in plans.
|John and I smile for the camera while the sun shines down on us
What are you thankful for? Write 'em down and link 'em up at the Ten Things of Thankful blog hop!