|Shadow of a child holding hands and walking between a man and woman|
My last previous post was November 6, 2020, over 18 months ago. A LOT happened during that time, and at the same time, A LOT didn't happen. Time passed agonizingly slowly and also in the blink of an eye. Our empty nest became very full, but is now empty once again. I'm so rusty at blogging I nearly had to do a google search to remember where I needed to go to even compose a post! However, I still remember how to be thankful, and here are some of the things I have been thankful for over the past year-and-a-half:
1. I am thankful for modern appliances. My washing machine, dryer, and dishwasher have been running multiple times a day over the past year or so, and I am truly thankful they have held up. And robotic vacuums (multiple levels in the house=multiple vacuums) also deserve much praise. (In fact, as I was replacing a well-worn brush from a vacuum a month or so ago, a little voice next to me said, "It's so beautiful!" It is, buddy, it is.)
2. Following the "How do I keep things relatively clean?" theme, I am thankful for all-weather floor liners for the car. Worth every penny!
3. I am thankful for teachers. I have met so many great, dedicated teachers this past year and their level of compassion and willingness to go the extra mile for their students is truly heart-warming.
4. I am thankful for individuals and organizations that support families and children. I have felt so much support over the past 18 months from the "village." There are so many good people in the world!
5. I am thankful for the chance to see the world through children's eyes. The world is a truly amazing place and I have loved sharing places, experiences, and knowledge with little ones. (Note to all Sunday School teachers of youngsters: In teaching about the 10 Commandments, you might need to explain that Moses didn't break a computer, because the "tablet" was just a big rock!)
6. I am thankful for my grandparents. I've gained new insights into their lives and a deeper appreciation for the experiences they had.
7. I am thankful for health. Though we had our fair share of illnesses, we escaped the dreaded covid until this week. Covid is so much easier to handle when the nest is empty. Still not a fan of being sick, but things could be so much worse.
8. Which leads me to: I'm thankful for vaccines, boosters, and medications that are working to keep our covid experience fairly mild. Millions of others had a difference experience, and while vaccines and medications aren't a guarantee of a good outcome, I am thankful for things that help keep us healthy.
9. I'm thankful for sleep. It's been a precious commodity over the past year, and I am thankful to be catching up on some zzzz's.
10. I am thankful for John. Our life hasn't always taken us down the roads we envisioned, but as John says, "Life's an adventure, and adventures usually work out." I'm thankful for our adventure.
I'd love to read your own Ten Things of Thankful post! Link up here: https://tenthingsofthankful.blogspot.com/2022/07/give-us-just-slice.html.