|My mom holds toddler-me in this black-and-white photo. The caption reads, "A mother's unqualified love approaches Christlike love." (Ezra Taft Benson)|
Mother's Day is nearly here, at least in the United States, so it's a perfect time to reflect on the women in my life.
1. I'm thankful for my mom. I think she's as close to perfect as you can be and still be permitted to remain on earth. Her heart is pure gold.
2. I'm thankful for John's mom. She is always thinking of others, and I think she did an exceptional job raising her children. :-)
3 and 4. I'm thankful for my grandmas. My dad's mom was talkative and fun-loving. She was joyful, even though she had experienced the loss of close loved ones throughout her life. My mom's mom was quiet, petite, and incredibly strong. She never stopped learning. Both were loving and kind, and wonderful cooks/bakers.
5. I'm thankful for my sister. She's intelligent, articulate, and caring. I love it when people think we're twins.
6. I'm thankful for aunts and cousins, sister-in-laws, and nieces. We don't see each other often enough, but I'm proud to claim them as family.
7. I'm thankful for teachers throughout the years--whether in school or church--who have influenced my life, or my children's, for good.
8. I'm thankful for friends, near or far, silver or gold, who have shared laughter and in some cases, tears. I appreciate each of you.
9. I'm thankful for my children. I know this post is focused on women, but I'm thankful not only for my daughters, but also my sons. I'm proud to be Mom to all of them. I'm also thankful for those who have become part of our family by marriage/association. And, of course, I'm thankful for my grandchildren.
10. I'm thankful for John. I'm sneaking him into this Mother's Day post. We entered our journey of parenthood together, and I'm so glad he has been by my side the entire time.
Happy Mother's Day to all!
What are you thankful for this week?
Sharing their lists this week:
The Prolific Pulse
On my Way Home
the Wakefield Doctrine
Backsies Is What There Is Not
A Season and a Time
Feeling Thankful With Getting Literal
Heart to Heart Soul Creations