|Low-lying clouds float in the canyon between the mountains, while a red barn stands in the foreground|
1. Middle daughter's birthday. Though we are miles apart, we stay in touch via phone calls and mail.
2. General Conference weekend is this week. Last October, President Russell M. Nelson said "general conference next April will be not only memorable; it will be unforgettable." That is definitely the case, and it hasn't even started yet! The music has been pre-recorded, and no one will be in the Conference Center except for those who are speaking, saying the prayers, etc. I'm looking forward to the talks. It really is the best thing to binge-watch this weekend! Feel free to join me.
3. Warmer weather. Although we have had snow this week, we've also had some sunny, warmer days.
4. Progress on the garden. John is making raised beds, plants and seeds have been ordered, and seedlings are starting to grow inside in preparation for transplanting later.
|The view from the fire pit patio looking west shows one completed garden box|
6. I pulled off an April Fool's Day prank on John. A local bakery was offering (curbside pickup) of cupcakes that looked like Chinese take-out, so I ordered a couple ahead of time, told John I was doing my civic duty to help small-businesses stay afloat and I would be back with lunch, then brought home what looked like chow mein. I totally surprised him, too!
|A cupcake baked inside a Chinese takeout box looks just like an order of chow mein|
|A chalk message states, "We are stronger and smarter than COVID-19"|
|Quail scurry in the backyard|
|A bunny hides near some brush|
|An avocado leaf is as big as my hand|
10. The Christmas cactus that is in full bloom, and all the little starts from it that are growing on my kitchen window sill.
|An old Christmas cactus is covered in red blossoms|
|Starts from the big Christmas cactus root in pots on my kitchen window sill|
11. (Because why stop at just 10?) John. If I have to be a hermit, I'm glad I'm a hermit with him. Also, for what it's worth, we've beaten the board game Pandemic the past two nights in a row, so hopefully that's a good omen. :-)
How are you? What are you thankful for this week?
Joining this week:
The Prolific Pulse
Recording Life Under the Radar
the Wakefield Doctrine
The Meaning of Me
A Season and a Time