|Photo: An avocado seedling has two branches. The branch on the right is much longer than the one on the left.
I moved the plant outside this summer, so it could soak up some direct sunlight and bask in the warm temperatures. It is enjoying its new locale (and I'm not telling it that it will need to move back indoors in a month or so). A couple of weeks ago, I was delighted to notice that it was finally developing another lateral branch. I'm looking forward to watching it become a more balanced plant.
I love balance; whether it is in the form of real life/blogging, vacation/responsibilities, or exercise/curling up with a book, it's nice to feel balanced. When the scales of life tip one way or another, doing whatever I need to do to achieve balance always feels good. This week, that meant I took care of some chores around the house that needed attention. With those tasks done, I'm feeling better.
1. I'm thankful for music. There's nothing quite like some energetic tunes to inspire an active day of cleaning.
2. I'm thankful for "a place for everything, and everything in its place." That saying isn't adhered to religiously yet, unless you count "basement" and "garage" as a place, but I'm happy for progress.
3. I'm thankful I got some apricots picked and jam made. You wouldn't know it by looking at the tree (it's still loaded!), but I hope to pick more tomorrow.
|Photo: Twelve half-pint jars of apricot jam sit on the kitchen counter
5. I'm thankful for the ease of voting in the local election. It didn't pain me to cast a vote for the city council candidates, and I didn't even have to get out of my car to put my ballot in the drop box.
6. I'm thankful for getting regular car maintenance tasks done (or at least scheduled). One oil change was done today. One is scheduled for Monday.
Even during weeks filled with rather mundane tasks, there is still room for fun, though:
7. I'm thankful for phone calls from my children. I love hearing how their days are going.
8. I'm thankful for birthdays, and half-birthdays. This week, I attended a tea party for a 6-month-old. Her unbirthday happened to fall on my oldest son's half-birthday, and my granddaughter's 1st birthday, so although I was away from my son and granddaughter, I could at least celebrate their days, too! (And the 6-month-old was truly adorable, and I enjoyed visiting with the women at the party.)
9. I'm thankful for my mom's upcoming birthday. I am so lucky to have her as a mom!
10. I'm thankful for John. Tonight we are going axe-throwing! Never a dull moment! (Haha.) John just piped up, "My wife with her sharp wit!" Can you tell we have fun together?
What are you thankful for this week? Was your week one of fast, unbalanced growth, or one of trying to find balance? Comment below, and feel free to link up your own post!
Joining me this week:
The Prolific Pulse
The Wakefield Doctrine
Backsies is What There is Not
Viola's Daily Musings
A Season and a Time