As I (rightly) dedicated last's week's post to Father's Day, I missed some thankfuls that happened last week. They were too good to overlook, though, so this week's list will include items that actually happened last week.
1. Youngest son came home for a visit. He arrived the Tuesday before Father's Day, and left the evening of Father's Day. It was good to have him home for a bit.
2. Having him home=break out Settlers of Catan!
3. I even won a game!
4. Father's Day also brought middle daughter and crew:
5. Youngest daughter made breakfast on Father's Day, and also made dessert for dinner that night.
6. The kids that couldn't be here in person, called. All of our kids do a good job of keeping in touch, and we really appreciate it.
7. Not only did middle daughter come over on Father's Day, youngest daughter and I got to visit with her yesterday as well.
8. I could easily amuse her girls with the "Watch Grandma balance toys on her head" game.
9. While I balanced toys on my head, my daughters baked cookies--and shared the finished product with me!
10. I'm thankful for all the other simple moments that make up family.
Thanks for family, near and far.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude</ a>, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal</ a>, I Want Backsies, Mother of Imperfection, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group