Nature inspires thoughts of thankfulness:
1. I'm thankful for the promise of future blossoms. I noticed this week that one of the Christmas cactus plants in my house is budding. That always makes me smile.
|Photo: A bright pink bud of a Christmas cactus|
|Photo: Deedee sleeps in her crate, while a bunny hops around about a foot away from her, on the other side of the sliding glass door.|
|Photo: A big owl sits in the top of a pine tree|
While it is easy to see the beauty in nature, sometimes it is harder to feel gratitude for our own bodies. After all, we live in them. We feel their pains and we know their faults. We compare them with bodies of others. However:
5. I'm thankful I can see, hear, move, and taste.
6. I'm thankful for glasses, which allow me to see as clearly as I once did without them.
7. I'm thankful for ice, tape, advice from a friend (Ivy), and prayers (Mom) which allowed me to run in Disneyland's 10K today without difficulty.
8. I'm thankful for good food, which fuels my body and tastes delicious, too! (And for Yelp, which allowed us to discover the restaurant.)
|Photo: An assortment of various Vietnamese foods|
9. I'm thankful for good friends. Thanks, Ken and Mimi.
10. I'm thankful for John. We had a great time running together today. We decided to not come up with new costumes for this run; we went as Carl and Ellie again. Whenever anyone would shout out, "Go, Carl! Go, Ellie!" John would respond, "Adventure is out there!"
|Photo: John and I, dressed as Carl and Ellie from UP, at the conclusion of our 10K run|
Adventure is out there, and I'm glad to be walking (or running) with John on our adventure!
What things have you noticed this week? What things are you thankful for?
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group