1. I'm thankful that last Sunday, John blessed our grandson in church. I know I'm biased, but isn't he cute? (I'm referring to either one of them.)
|Photo: John and grandson look at each other.|
2. I'm thankful for my brother and sister. I was looking for something this week, and in the process of looking, I ran across some old letters. They made me chuckle. Go read about it here.
3. I'm thankful for beautiful roses. Hips are forming, but the plants are giving one final burst of color before it gets cold. The scent is delicious, too!
|Photo: Pink and white, yellow, and coral colored roses against a block wall.|
|Photo: Two pomegranates hang from the bush.|
6. Speaking of Willow, I'm thankful that she is currently in phase 8 (of 8) of formal guide dog training. I suspect she is just waiting to be matched with the right person.
7. I'm thankful to have a new windshield. It had been cracked for years, and we just never did anything about it. This week, I saw a commercial on TV for auto glass repair, and decided to visit the website for an estimate. I don't know what I was expecting, but the quote was certainly within our budget. Now, when I'm a passenger on a road trip, it will be so much easier to take photos out the window!
|Photo: A clean, new, not-cracked windshield!|
8. I'm thankful for the rain. Here is a short video taken from my front door:
9. I'm thankful that (miraculously) no one was injured, and I'm thankful for emergency workers who have the task of moving all of the mud.
10. I'm thankful for John. He had the responsibility to speak at a program for the teenage girls and their parents at church on Wednesday night. On Thursday, the following message was on my Facebook wall:
I wish you could have heard your husband speak last night in Young Women's in Excellence. It was so sweet. He thinks so highly about you and has so much happiness about the woman you are! ♡Melt my heart.
What are you thankful for this week? Are you staying dry?
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group