1. . . . that because of google, I figured out how to stop my new laptop from seemingly randomly zooming in and out. Fixing that has saved me time and decreased annoyance. (In case you have the same problem with Windows 10 and want to fix it, go to settings, devices, mouse and touchpad, additional mouse options, click "settings" under devices, and uncheck "multifinger gestures.")
2. . . . that General Conference is this weekend. CAN'T WAIT! I've read that General Conference is to Mormons what the Pope's visit is to Catholics, or that General Conference is like a marathon of TED talks. All I know is that when I pay attention to conference, it seems that many of the conference messages address topics that have been on my mind. I often get ideas about changes or improvements for my life--not necessarily from the words I hear, but the thoughts that come to my mind while I'm listening. I hope that makes sense. Anyway, you are all invited. The conference will be streamed live at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. MDT on the homepage at lds.org. The sessions will also be archived here. (In fact, last week's women's session can be viewed there already.)
|Photo: an invitation captioned," JOIN US 185th Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Saturday-Sunday, October 3-4, 2015 LDS.ORG/#LDSCONF|
3. . . . for time at home. I had a bit more time at home this week than I normally do. My kitchen is clean. My floors are vacuumed. I love a clean house!
4. . . . that my friend is out of the hospital. I stopped by the hospital this week, and she said she was being discharged that day. I'm going to call her house today and see if she'd like a short visit.
5. . . . that I finished reading The Book of Mormon for the I-don't-know-how-manyeth time. I was reminded again of how prayer is key to feeling and developing a love of Christ.
". . . Comforter filleth with hope and perfect love, which love endureth by diligence unto prayer. . ." Moroni 8:26
6. . . . for COOLER temperatures! We are now in the 80's, with a forecast high on Sunday in the 70's, with the possibility of rain! Oh please, oh please, oh please. . .
7. . . . for seeing the scale head in the right direction again, and having community support without any shaming when the scale heads north. Come join us, if you'd like. Don't worry--you don't have to divulge everything! I'm definitely of the "only show the ones and tenths" persuasion. 2milerun.wordpress.com
8. . . . for making progress on annoying projects. Paperwork-type tasks can take so much time! This week's projects: cleaning out my e-mail inbox, putting together a "How to manage the financial household" spreadsheet for John, and researching health insurance plans. (Our grandmothered--how is this different from grandfathered?--plan is officially ending this year. I'm not happy about that, but oh, well. At least we live in a time and place where health care is available.)
9. . . . for the moon! I couldn't capture the eclipse well at all. (Murphy's Law applied, as our skies were cloudy. Our skies are NEVER cloudy!) On Monday, though, I happened to be outside (without my camera) when the moon was just making its appearance over the horizon. WOW. WOW. WOW. Such a gorgeous sight!
10. . . . for John. He has worked about a million hours this week, poor guy. Fortunately, he works from home, so he doesn't have to commute, and we do still see each other throughout the day, but still, I know he would prefer not to put in the number of hours this week has demanded. Hang in there, honey!
What about you? Has it been a work week, or more of a play week? What are you thankful for?
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group