|Two Asian pears sit on a grey granite counter|
1. I'm thankful for sweet neighbor children, who make me smile for lots of reasons. I posted this on Facebook this week:
I pulled into my driveway as my little neighbor was leaving my porch. He told me he brought us some Asian pears: “One for you, and one for your father.” I was feeling pretty youthful until I got inside, and John told me the neighbor had given him two Asian pears, “One for you, and one for your mom.” 🤣
2. I'm thankful for customer service representatives who listen and quickly come up with a solution. We have a robotic vacuum that has been making a strange noise. The representative quickly came to the conclusion that the vacuum needs to be returned and replaced. So far, the process has been hassle-free.
3. I'm thankful for books, and that I have always had a love of reading. I'm re-reading the Little House books, and am as delighted with them now as I was in my childhood.
4. I'm thankful for autumn weather. We switched our thermostat from a/c to heat, but it doesn't have to kick on very often. I can go outside in shirt sleeves, but a light jacket is nice at night. It's like April weather, but getting cooler rather than warmer.
5. I'm thankful for an upcoming vacation, which I will tell you all about in future posts.
6. I'm thankful I will get to see historic sites, and that I have had received great recommendations on what to do and see.
7. I'm thankful I will get to meet Dyanne in person!
8. I'm thankful for General Conference.
9. I'm thankful for my children. I had occasion to look through old photos this week, and seeing their little smiling faces made me smile, too. They aren't preschoolers anymore, but I'm proud of the adults they have become--and their smiling faces still make me smile!
10. I'm thankful for John. Though I look back fondly on the days when the kids were little, having an empty nest has its advantages, too, like being able to decide at the last minute to go see a movie together. This week, we saw Peanut Butter Falcon. If you get a chance, go see it!
Although I'm sure there are many other things, that's it for this week's post. How about you? What are you thankful for this week?
Joining in this week's party:
The Prolific Pulse
A Season and a Time
The Wakefield Doctrine
Backsies is What There is Not
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
I was wondering about Peanut Butter Falcon, too! It's playing here, now. Have a great trip! Looking forward to hearing about it. So many things to be thankful for!!ReplyDelete
I'd definitely recommend seeing The Peanut Butter Falcon!Delete
That neighbor kid has a future as a politician, buttering up both of you! Great list.ReplyDelete
Yes, he is very charismatic!Delete
The comments by your little neighbor made me smile.ReplyDelete
I'm glad that you had a positive experience with the customer service. So far, so good on this end.
We enjoyed that movie too.
Have fun on your trip!
I'll tell you all about it when we are back!Delete
What an excellent TToT. Surely it (gratitude) is there if we allow ourselves to see it. Sounds like an excellent week... and totally looking forward to tales of your roadtrip.ReplyDelete
Thank you. Trying to jot down notes each day so that the "What I Did on my Vacation" report will be easier to write.Delete