Last week, I was thankful for bruises that weren't breaks. This week wasn't quite as adventurous as last, but I'm still a bit dizzy in the Wow has it just been a week since. . . sort of way.
I had one full day home from Oregon before I packed my suitcase again and traveled with John and youngest son and daughter to John's brother's house for the Memorial Day weekend. Oldest son and his wife met us there.
1(+). I'm thankful to live within driving distance (even though it's a long drive) of relatives. I'm thankful that the flat tire occurred near a nice wide turn-out, before sunset, and that we had a full-size spare.
2. I'm thankful for the hospitality of John's brother and sister-in-law. We all get along well, and it's fun to catch up.
3. I'm thankful we could celebrate with oldest son, who had just taken the MCAT in preparation for applying to medical school.
|MCAT son is the relieved-looking one on the left. Thumbs-up son agrees we're all having fun.|
We enjoyed a BBQ, croquet and other games, swimming in the pool, and getting acquainted with the cats.
On Monday we drove to San Francisco and enjoyed playing tourist.
4. I'm thankful that the Musee Mecanique provided fun for all the boys (and girls, too!)
5. I'm thankful that driving down Lombard Street is a tradition for us, every time we are in San Francisco.
6. I'm thankful we could stroll along the waterfront, and enjoy the sights, smells, sounds, and tastes of the surroundings.
We drove home Monday night, and Tuesday evening Drexel and I enjoyed a guide dog training meeting.
7. I'm thankful for good dogs, and good organizations.
Wednesday I tried to get caught up with things here at home. I had promised middle daughter I would go with her to Disneyland on Thursday.
8. I'm thankful for Disneyland, and family time.
Friday (today), I got to have two adorable girls spend the day with me.
9. I'm thankful for my granddaughters, and I'm happy they enjoy Drexel.
10. I'm thankful for John. I visited San Francisco, but I didn't leave my heart there.
How was your week? What are you thankful for?
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group