1. I'm thankful for these weeks leading up to Christmas. I love the music, the decor, the excitement, and the wonder of it all. I love this little reminder of how to celebrate the real meaning of the season:
2. I'm thankful for the chance we had to have our granddaughter stay with us for a few days this week. I enjoyed introducing her to Disneyland and reading, playing, and singing together.
5. I'm thankful our granddaughters will have the joy of being sisters, even if a calm relationship might take some time to develop.
|What a look of determination on older sister's face!|
|"What do you mean, she's going home with us?!"|
6. I'm thankful for date night with John. We watched the movie, "Philomena," then found a little Vietnamese restaurant for dinner. I recommend both. The movie could have easily pandered to emotion, but instead did a great job with the sensitive subject of adoption of Irish-Catholic babies in the 1950s. As for the Vietnamese restaurant, it's hard to find a better cuisine than what results in the marriage of Chinese and French food. Better than the movie or the dinner, though, was the company. I love being married to my best friend!
7. I'm thankful that I didn't have to march in the Christmas parade today. Our guide dog puppy club was scheduled to walk in the parade, but our wise leaders decided that we should keep the puppies warm and dry today instead. Though our weather isn't as extreme as other places, it is cold (highs in the 40's--colder this morning when the parade took place), windy (about 25 mph, with bigger gusts), and spitting rain/snow. I'm enjoying staying inside.
8. That being said, I'm thankful for the gorgeous rainbow that parked itself in the field this morning, before the clouds covered the sun.
9. I'm thankful again for the cute little bunny that lives under our shed. He is getting more emboldened around us, and doesn't automatically duck under the shed when we go outside.
|The Creche Festival has over 1000 nativities set up throughout the room.|
What are you thankful for this week? We'd love to have you join the link-up!
Thanks for new babies, both now and thousands of years ago.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, Home On Deranged, I can say mama, I Want Backsies, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine