My parents celebrate their 50th anniversary this year. My dad asked us kids to arrange a major surprise for my mom this summer. My brother, sister, and I, together with my dad, plotted and schemed for a year. Last Saturday, on my mom's birthday, we surprised my mom at Old Faithful in Yellowstone. I have much for which to be thankful this week.
1. I'm thankful for Dad and Mom, who made this whole reunion possible. Without them, I wouldn't be part of this wonderful family.
2. I'm thankful that on the way to Yellowstone, we were able to visit with oldest son, and also pick up youngest son, who was able to join us for the vacation.
3. I'm thankful my siblings were able to come, along with their kids. Time with my siblings and their families is rare and precious.
4. I'm thankful my kids love to help their cousins, whether that help is retrieving frisbees from trees, or making knit hats for everyone (in the Hogwart's house colors).
5. I'm thankful for the time I can spend with John, even when our eyes are blinded by the sun or dirt.
6. I'm thankful for the many photo ops, and the chance to observe the good photographers in action.
|The chipmunk didn't stand a chance!|
9. I'm thankful for creatures great and small, including those that were too far away to photograph effectively.
10. I'm thankful we were able to pull off the surprise. We were jumping for joy all week long!
Thanks for family, and memory-making reunions.
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Considerings, Finding Ninee, I can say mama, I Want Backsies, Steps into Parenthood, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine