In no particular order:
25. He introduced himself as an engineering major, "by default." First of all, you have to be smart to be in engineering, but secondly, that's funny--and I love smart and funny!
24. I can be myself around him.
23. He never criticizes my cooking--even when there is just cause.
22. He plans fun dates.
21. He values my opinions.
20. He says "thank you."
19. He holds doors for me.
18. He ignores my weaknesses.
17. Daily, he tells me and shows me he loves me.
16. I can lean on him when I'm exhausted.
15. He encourages me to pursue my interests--even when that means allowing a 4-legged shedding machine into our home!
14. We are equal partners.
13. We enjoy many of the same things. I've learned to appreciate a good movie crash scene; he will suggest we visit Disneyland.
12. He held down the fort while I was on bed rest.
11. He is committed both to the institution of marriage and to me.
10. He gives me courage to try new things.
9. He is a great dad for our kids.
8. He is dependable--at work, at church, at home.
7. His twinkly-eyed smile melts my heart.
6. He doesn't show his exasperation when I finish his sentences.
5. He is confident, but not conceited.
4. He is my best friend.
3. We share common goals.
2. He inspires me to be a better person.
1. I love him, and I'm looking forward to spending time and all eternity with him.
Thankful thought: Happy anniversary, John! I bet the next 25 years will be just as fun as the past 25.
Congratulations on 25 wonderful years!ReplyDelete
Congratulations on your 25th anniversary! He sounds like a great guy, almost as good as mine.... ;-))ReplyDelete
Isn't is great that there are still such wonderfull men around?! Have a great day together and I wish you and your hubby lots and lots of loving years together.
Congrats.....what a nice list, too! I had a good giggle on #6!ReplyDelete