I'm thankful for these words:
1. "No true teaching or learning will ever occur when done in frustration or anger, and hearts will not change where love is not present." (S. Mark Palmer)
2. ". . . for enduring faith and to have the constant companionship of the Spirit, there is no substitute for the individual religious observance that is comparable to physical and mental development." (Quentin L. Cook)
4. ". . .if you listen to the first prompting you will get it right nine times out of ten." (Ronald A. Rasband)
5. ". . . it is by divine design that not all the voices in God's choir are the same." (Jeffrey R. Holland)
6. "Over time, simple habits of belief lead to miraculous results." (L. Whitney Clayton)
7. "A succession of small, consistently kept promises leads to integrity." (Joy D. Jones)
8. "Don't look around, look up!" (Yoon Hwan Choi)
9. "Overcoming the world means turning ourselves outward." (Neil L. Andersen)
10. "We are children of God. Receiving light, continuing in God, and receiving more light is what we are created to do." (Mark A. Bragg)
11. ". . . a repenting sinner draws closer to God than does the self-righteous person who condemns that sinner." (Dale G. Renlund)
12. ". . . even the best technology can never be a substitute for revelation from heaven." (Henry B. Eyring)
(When I have a question, I should be quicker to turn to God than Google!)
And as always, I am thankful for John. Our 30th wedding anniversary is just weeks away. I love the adventures we have had together, and the adventures that are in our future.
What are you thankful for this week? What conference quotes stood out to you? As always, feel free to leave a comment, or link up your post at the Ten Things of Thankful blog!