|Photo: John and I, holding a sign with our time (2:34)|
1. That we finished!
2. That we made good time. (Nevermind that the entire run, with very few minor exceptions, was downhill, and nevermind that we had some full-marathon runners finish ahead of us. It was a good time for us.)
3. That the weather was absolutely wonderful for running.
4. That the canyon provided a beautiful course. Some of the leaves are starting to change color, and we even saw a moose!
5. That we were provided gloves, a hat, and a blanket so we could stay warm before the start.
6. That we were offered pancakes and pizza (Yes, please; and no, thank you) in addition to the par-for-the-course banana after the run.
7. For all the volunteers who make the run possible.
8. For all the spectators who cheer on the runners. (It makes a difference!)
9. For very specific spectators who show up to cheer on family members. (Thanks! Loved the banner and the cowbell!)
10. For John, who is a wonderful running partner, and never makes me feel bad for setting a slower pace.
What's the most recent "first-time" thing you have done?
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine