1. We had rain this week! Not super heavy, like in Arizona and Nevada, but a nice amount. We did set a record for rainfall amount for the day, but that is only because we had never had any measurable precipitation on that day since records were kept. 0.12 inches is hardly damaging. While a few sprinkles will not reverse the drought, we can hope that this rainfall is just a harbinger of more of the wet stuff. The plants look so much better after a refreshing rain, and the smell of rain makes me smile and breathe deeper.
2. Naps. We've had some interrupted sleep lately, and it's nice to be able to grab a view winks here and there. Even Drexel enjoys cat naps!
3. Friends. This week was my occasional lunch with friends. It's always good to catch up with what is happening in their lives. We often laugh, we sometimes cry, but we always enjoy the time together.
4. Guide dog puppies. Drexel is delighted because I'm puppy sitting Willow this weekend. Sometime soon I'll start raising another guide dog puppy, but for now, it's nice to borrow one every now and then. (And apparently, we have enough Nylabones to go around.)
5. Career-changed guide dog puppies--specifically, Drexel. As I mentioned earlier this week, Drexel is my shadow. He really likes me. He even supervises my time on the treadmill. (Excuse the blurriness of the photo--it's not easy to take pictures while running!)
6. Produce. I haven't picked up a produce box from the farm share delivery service for a while, and I've missed it. I'm excited to see what is in the box Saturday morning!
7. Things weren't as bad as they could have been. There were only three, double-digit fraudulent charges on my credit card before I discovered the problem. ("Honey, did you purchase anything through 'GTL*Inmate Phone'? I didn't think so!") A quick call to the customer service representative resolved the problem--I hope. Apparently inmates can only purchase phone cards, because that's all the charges seemed to be. (And apparently they have a lot of time on their hands to just try random numbers, because there is no logical explanation on how one ended up with my credit card number.) Card has been canceled, and another is on its way. All other accounts seem unaffected.
8. The refrigerator is once (again) working, and the repairman didn't charge us for the second visit. Keeping our fingers crossed that it doesn't actually have a leak in the line--which is apparently a death sentence, if the leak is inaccessible behind a panel. We should know soon.
10. Always and forever, John. We have so much fun together. Even during weeks where life gets a little crazy around us, we just hold hands a little tighter and find something, anything, to laugh about--our own version of Ten Things of Thankful, I guess.
What about you? What things are you thankful for this week? Leave a comment and/or link your own Ten Things of Thankful post!
Thanks for so many thankful things!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude</ a>, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal</ a>, I Want Backsies, Mother of Imperfection, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group