This week, I'm thankful for:
1. Rain. I can hardly believe how many weeks in a row we have received rain!
2. Humor. Though I am guilty of making the occasional grammatical mistake, I do tend to laugh when I see errors in print. The front-page news in the local paper warned us of the "more stronger" storm we had on Friday.
3. Kind people who want to help others. When I was shopping this week, I told the store employees about this car's predicament. It was not new news, as many people before me had alerted the store. Unfortunately, store employees were unable to locate the owner in any of the shops in that strip mall. I hope the owner was able to drive away safely.
|Photo: A grey Honda Accord is parked in a flooded parking lot. The water level reaches the front bumper.|
5. Beautiful skies. There have been several rainbows between rain storms. Though I didn't get a photo of a rainbow this week, I did snatch a photo of the clouds yesterday.
|Photo: the clouds hug the mountains at sunset|
7. Friends--whether we've met in person or not.
8. Technology to communicate. It is so amazing to me that I can be friends with people I have never met in person. I guess yesteryear had penpals, but technology makes communication so much quicker now.
9. The temple. It was a great place to spend some time Friday night.
10. As always, John. We help each other out, and we laugh together over some of our situations. This week's "The Puzzle of the Monogrammed Towel" is John's story to tell--and maybe I'll get him to write it up sometime. Suffice it to say, though, that we solved the mystery. We might have even laughed so hard we cried. We also watched "Hidden Figures" together last night. What a great movie! I'm so glad that John and I can spend time together, and that we enjoy each other's company.
The rain continues to pitter-patter on the roof, but my home is a refuge from the storm. Literally and figuratively, our homes can be safe havens, no matter what the weather is.
How did your week go? What are you thankful for?