I ordered a protective case for the phone because, though I am not exactly rough with phones, I have been known to accidentally drop my phone. The new phone arrived before the case did. In an effort to keep the phone somewhat protected while I waited for the case to arrive, I didn't remove the flimsy plastic.
I had fun picking ringtones, and even gave specific ringtones for particular callers. It was so fun to hear the phone ring, and know immediately who was calling! I put the phone to my ear.
". . . . "
"I'm sorry; I have a new phone. I can barely hear you. I'm going to have to call you back."
No matter how much I turned up the volume, I could barely hear the caller. I was so disappointed. John tried to fix the problem. We thought the phone might be defective.
Can any of you observant readers solve the problem? In a flash of inspiration, I wondered, "Do you think the plastic film could keep me from hearing the caller?" It turns out, the answer to that question is a resounding "YES!"
Go ahead and laugh. I sure did. I still am laughing. As smart as I'd like to believe I am, it's hard to take myself seriously when I do dumb things like that.
In case you are wondering, though, if I've removed the plastic yet, the answer is no--not until that case arrives. I just peel it off the speaker and I can hear clearly.
That amuses John. Go ahead and laugh. I guess I'm the modern-day equivalent of the grandma who keeps the plastic on the living room davenport. :-)
Just pretend that was a seamless segue. . .
1. I'm thankful for cellphones.
2. I'm thankful for rain. We had more this week. Although we still aren't up to average yet, other parts of the state have exceeded average, and that helps get us closer to being out of the drought.
3. I'm thankful that it is still January. The Christmas decorations are (mostly) down, but not completely put away yet. I've never been so late in completing this task, and take comfort in the fact that it is still January, a perfectly acceptable month in which to get this done.
4. I'm thankful for the beautiful full moon this week. I happened to catch moonrise on Wednesday, and it was gorgeous! (Unfortunately, I was driving so I didn't get a photo.)
5. I'm thankful for my children. I enjoy hearing what is going on in their lives, and I'm glad they keep me up to date (even when I struggle to hear them!)
6. I'm thankful for the ease of ordering parts, thanks to the internet. My aquarium water was looking not-so-clear, despite frequent water and filter pad changes. I recently noticed that one of the filter media baskets was deteriorating. I was able to find a replacement part. The water isn't 100% better yet, but is much improved, and hopefully will return to its crystal-clear state soon.
7. I'm thankful for bunnies in the backyard. They are just so cute! I look forward to the teeny tiny babies that will be appearing in the spring.
8. I'm thankful for sleep, and I'm looking forward to some shut-eye as soon as I finish this post. :-)
9. I'm thankful for the examples I see around me of caring, generous people. As I've mentioned before, I serve in church with the women's organization. I'm able to notice acts of service that others might not get to see, and I'm so inspired by just how quick people are to jump in and help others.
10. I'm thankful for John. We ran another 10K together at Disneyland yesterday. We were not well-prepared for this race. We certainly did not set a PR (personal record), but we had a good time together, and ran at a comfortable pace. I'm glad we have common hobbies and interests, and can laugh together--like we did when we figured out my phone does actually work just fine!
|Photo: John and I, dressed as C3PO and R2D2, cross the finish line of the Disneyland Star Wars 10K|
How was your week? Did you have a chance to laugh at yourself?
(No link code this week, but feel free to list your TToT blog post in the comments.)