1. I'm thankful for rain. Didn't think I'd forget this one, did you? Yes, it rained again this week. I'm starting to get very excited about the anticipated wildflower display this year. I'm hoping the poppies will be spectacular. My apricot tree is already in bloom.
|Photo: A branch of my apricot tree in bloom|
2. I'm thankful for the friends that I have gotten to know through the TToT. We are a diverse group, yet it amazes me how much we have in common.
3. I'm thankful for the trust that is given to me, as situations are shared and prayers are requested.
4. I'm thankful for those who are willing to listen to me when I need to vent.
5. I'm thankful for family history research sites, like ancestry.com and familysearch.org. This week, I found a last name that I recognized as Dyanne's maiden name. I'm still working to see if we connect through that line somehow.
6. I'm thankful for relativefinder.org, which has shown me that even if the discovery in #4 doesn't pan out, Dyanne and I (and Christine!) are actually all distant cousins anyway. It is truly a small world! (If you'd like to play along, let me know, and I'd be happy to help you.)
7. I'm thankful for church family. This week, some of the women in our ward went to the Los Angeles Temple Visitor's Center. It was nice to spend time together in such a beautiful, peaceful place.
8. I'm thankful for other opportunities to spend time with church family this week. I didn't realize until just now how busy the week was. Except for Monday night (which is set aside for Family Home Evening), every night this week I was doing something at a church building. Tuesday night was the night we went to the temple visitor's center. Wednesday night I met with the bishop. Thursday was the Cub Scout Blue and Gold dinner. Friday night was a wedding reception. Saturday night was the chili cook-off. Sunday night was the Marriage and Family Relations fireside. What a busy, productive, fun week!
9. I'm thankful for hospitals and medical care. I've had friends who have been in the hospital this week, and I'm glad they can get the medical attention they needed.
10. As always, I'm thankful for John. He does so much for me, for our family, for church, and for his work. It's nice that we can keep each other grounded during busy times.
How has your week gone? Feel free to visit the Ten Things of Thankful blog to link your post and read what others have shared!