Phillipians 4:6-7 says: "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
In other words, as we express gratitude, we are blessed with peace--even peace when the situation doesn't really seem to warrant peace.
It's been a bit of a week, shall we say, and I'm a little tired. I have much to be thankful for, though, and as I think on those things, I find joy and peace.
1. I'm thankful for baby bunnies.
|Photo: A tiny baby bunny bottom is camouflaged among the dirt and weeds|
|Photo: A baby bunny at the corner of the block wall|
2. I'm thankful for blossoming trees and flowers.
3. I'm thankful for new fish in my aquarium. As I was looking at the tank the other day, I noticed 2 tiny little fish. Apparently one of my fish gave birth, and at least a couple of the fry have survived.
4. I'm thankful for homemade blueberry muffins. It has been a long time since I've baked muffins, but I whipped up a dozen this afternoon. I love the smell (and the taste!)
5. I'm thankful for a cleaner house. I've been able to take some time to pay attention to some neglected areas this week. I love it when my surroundings are clutter-free.
6. I'm thankful for music. I've played the piano more this week, thanks to my new calling as Primary pianist. John and I also went to a concert by The Irish Rovers last night.
7. I'm thankful for friends, near and far. As I was talking to my neighbor today, we discovered we were both at the concert last night. Even though we must have left the neighborhood and come home at different times, and even though we sat in different areas of the theater and didn't see each other, it was fun to realize we shared an interest.
8. I'm thankful for prayer. Not only should we express thanks in prayers, we can also request help, and we can receive peace.
9. I'm thankful for sleep. I know that we lost an hour this week, but I am still thankful for a comfortable bed and the chance to rest.
10. I'm thankful for John. We went to the temple together Friday night (and to The Irish Rovers concert on Saturday). We really do enjoy our time together, and the temple always brings peace.
What benefits have you found from expressing thanks? What are you thankful for this week? Comment below, and if you'd like to write a Ten Things of Thankful post, link it up at the Ten Things of Thankful blog!