Before we get to upcoming events, though, let's look back over the past week:
1. I'm thankful for the friends in my lunch group. We share laughter and tears, and our conversations run from humorous to deep. It's always fun to get together.
2. I'm thankful for the soup recipe I found. Our lunch group is always potluck soups, salads, and desserts, and I had signed up for soup this time. One of my cookbooks had a recipe for chickpea and brown rice soup that sounded yummy, and it was.
3. I'm thankful for an electric pressure cooker. Not only did I use it to cook the dried chickpeas for the soup, I also tried hard-cooking eggs in the cooker on another day this week. The eggs turned out great; they were easy to peel even though they were very fresh.
4. I'm thankful for leftovers. Soup is always better the next day, and I was able to take the leftover soup to a Relief Society meeting on Tuesday night.
5. I'm thankful for the Relief Society meeting, which was a birthday party. Did you know that Relief Society is 175 years old?!
6. I'm thankful for a kind note I received in the mail this week from the women from my church. It came on a good day (or rather, on a day I really needed it).
|Photo: Pink flowers with light green stems decorate the front of a card|
|Photo: "LA COUNTY AIRSHOW" in skywriting against a deep blue sky|
|Photo: The F-16 Thunderbirds fly in formation|
9. I'm thankful for the continued evidence that spring has arrived. I hope to get out to the poppy fields soon, but in the meantime, here is a photo of some lovely wisteria that I captured on a recent Disneyland trip:
|Photo: Lilac-colored wisteria blossoms hang down against a blue sky|
Well, soon I need to be at the Guide Dog Training Day. Our puppy club has invited other puppy clubs to join us for a few hours of socialization experiences. Puppies in more urban areas don't always get the same experiences that our puppies here in the desert have, so we invite the other clubs to join us as we introduce the puppies to horses, chickens, tractors, and dirt bikes. They will also get to walk over different surfaces, and complete different exercises to help them avoid distractions. It's always fun to see so many puppies together, and for the puppy raisers to have a chance to compare notes and ask questions.
What is on your agenda today? Did all of your activities get planned for this weekend, or are you enjoying a more relaxed pace? What are you thankful for? Comment below, and go to tenthingsofthankful.blogspot.com to read more posts and/or link your own post.