1. I am thankful for the rain. I like listening to the pitter-patter on the roof. I like the fact that we haven't had to turn our sprinklers on, and the plants are still alive. We even have a green lawn now!
2. I am thankful that we could travel safely in the rain, and for navigation apps that directed us around the many accidents that were on the freeway.
4. I'm thankful that my grandchildren got to visit on one of those gorgeous days.
I'm thankful for simple pleasures, like:
Photo: John and the grandkids in the hammock. (Yes, even though grandson has his finger in his nose, this was the best photo I got.)
7. The companionship of a good dog
8. I'm thankful for friends near and far, long-time and recently acquainted.
9. I'm thankful for faith, which puts everything in perspective and brings hope.
10. I'm thankful for John. Last night's venture out onto the rainy freeways of Los Angeles was due to another one of my bright-idea date nights, for which I had already purchased tickets. Continuing my Italy theme from last week (and before I knew what a soggy experience Italy can be), I booked tickets to see Lady and the Tramp at the El Capitan Theatre. "We've lived in Washington," was John's reply when I expressed concern about navigating the freeways. I wasn't so concerned about our ability to drive in the rain, but was concerned about all the other cars on the road. Fortunately, we traveled without incident.
I've never seen Hollywood so subdued. There were no street performers, no celebrity look-alikes posing for photos--just an umbrella salesman standing under a dripping awning. ( I think he thought we were going to be an easy sale, since we were the only people without umbrellas, but what kind of Oregonian would I be if I carried one? Seriously, Oregonians don't really use umbrellas. I may live in California, but I still maintain some weird Oregonian traits.)
In any event, the date went swimmingly. (Yes, I used that word on purpose.) As John likes to say, "Life's an adventure, and adventures usually work out." I'm so thankful ours is.
How did your week go? Are you in ark-building mode, shoveling snow, or enjoying sunshine?
I can't quite figure out why I'm getting an error code with the link up, but link your posts up at the Ten Things of Thankful blog.