1. I'm thankful for the safe travels of everyone.
2. I'm thankful for my children and their significant others, and for the fact that those who couldn't travel home could travel to my brother's house and enjoy Thanksgiving dinner surrounded by relatives.
3. I'm thankful for good news that shall remain unspecified until further notice.
4. (To continue with the vague, but still grateful vein) I'm thankful that those who visited the ER on Thanksgiving morning were still able to return to my house in time for a warm dinner.
5. I'm thankful for my grandchildren.
|Photo: My grandson sleeps on his uncle, my oldest son|
6. I'm thankful for both my side of the family, and John's side of the family. We all get along nicely, and everyone makes themselves at home and pitches in to help. Easy house guests! :-)
7. I'm thankful for games. After the meal is over, out come the board games.
|Photo: Close up of Settlers of Catan board. Surprisingly, the brown settlement turned out to be placed well. The first three rolls of the game were 12, 2, and 3!|
9. I'm thankful for a serendipitous find. I was looking for a china cabinet in which to store my great-grandma's china. I found an ad on craigslist, bought the piece without measuring either the cabinet nor the spot I wanted to put it. We did have to remove a baseboard to put it in position, but what a fit!
|Photo: Old china cabinet fits snugly between the wall and the fireplace|
Happy Thanksgiving to you! How has your week gone?
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine