In the meantime, here are ten things that I am thankful for this week:
1. A beautiful moonrise. (Actually, I noticed the moon more than once this week.)
|Photo: A full moon rises near the castle at Disneyland|
|Photo: Even the drive-through line at In-N-Out is beautiful, with the full moon rising in the distance|
2. Funny Drexel. Someone on a TV show was sqeaking a baby's toy. Drexel looked up, but couldn't figure out where the sound was coming from. He then left the room and brought me his favorite green toy (compliments of Ivy's Doug)--which used to have a squeaker in it, until he chewed a hole in the toy and I removed the squeaker. I thought he displayed pretty impressive intelligence in bringing me his toy. Obviously someone had the squeaker!
3. The amount of blood isn't always indicative of the severity of an injury. John and I were working in the yard yesterday, when I heard John make a noise. (Not quite like the squeaky toy!) When I looked over at him to ask if he was OK, he told me that the palm tree attacked his fingers when he was pruning it. Mind you, all the while he is talking to me, all I notice is the blood pouring down his forehead. Palm trees are not the nicest of plants. He had been poked on the head as well as on the fingers (through leather gloves, no less!) Anyway, the injuries weren't bad, just dramatic.
4. Fun times with daughters. Having oldest daughter here has been fun for all of us. We've done touristy things and just enjoyed her company. We will definitely miss her when she has to go back.
5. Church in action. This weekend has been a busy one with church. Saturday morning we helped clean the church building, then went to someone's house to help them move. Tonight, the youth of the church came over for a youth fireside. (No actual fire involved, just a casual meeting with the bishopric.) Anyway, I love seeing so many people get together to help each other. The work didn't take much time at all, and the fireside tonight was fun.
6. A cooling trend. Maybe, just maybe, the triple-digits are over for the year. I hope. Some days, the highs are only in the 80s--though the forecast still shows some 90s in the near future. In any case, the overall trend is toward more comfortable temps. We're entering that sweet spot where neither the swamp cooler nor the heater is required.
7. Autumn decorations are up. I spent some time this week putting out some decorations for fall. I love this time of year!
8. Coupon for dental work that actually applied! No explanation needed.
9. This blog hop. I've not been blogging much lately, but I do love the routine of the TToT, and I appreciate the friendships that have developed through this hop.
10. As always, John. He's always there to fix whatever I break. This week, it was the rope that pulls down the attic stairs. Thanks, honey!
|Photo: John pulling down the attic stairs, after I broke the rope.|
How has your week gone? Have you settled into a fall routine, or are you still clinging to summer vacation?
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine