1. I’m thankful for the power of prayer, and for those who have kept us in your thoughts and prayers this week.
That alone could fulfill the entire list this week, but I have other things to share:
2. This definitely falls into the much lighter category, but I am thankful for whimsical displays that make me smile. Every time I leave my neighborhood, I go by this front yard. At first, only the two big cats were sitting in the yard, with their leashes tied to a stake. Another day, the statue of the man appeared. Little by little, the other cats, cobras, ravens, and Astroturf were added to the yard. Who knows what will be next?
|Photo: statues of leopards, ravens, cobras, a kitten, and a man adorn a yard|
3. I’m typing this from Brigham Young University. Tomorrow Education Week starts! I look forward to this yearly event, when I spend the week learning and soaking up the spirit of this place. I’m thankful for the chance I have to come here.
4. I’m thankful for a nice drive.
|Photo: The road traverses wide desert expanses with blue skies overhead|
5. I’m thankful for clouds, which add contrast to blue skies.
|Photo: Fluffy white clouds in a blue sky|
6. I’m thankful for a traveling companion, who also played photographer while I was behind the wheel.
|Photo: Youngest daughter's happy selfie|
7. I’m thankful for a car that gets me where I want to go, and I’m thankful that this was the most exciting thing that happened on the drive:
|Photo: Odometer reads 129,999 miles|
|Photo: Odometer reads 130,000 miles|
8. I’m thankful for Yelp, which led us to Ginger’s Garden Café in Springville. There were lots of yummy vegetarian options!
|Photo: Opened-faced grilled veggie sandwich|
9. I’m thankful we arrived a couple of days early, so we could head to Salt Lake City and visit with relatives. We stayed with John’s parents, and youngest daughter got in some nice cousin time. Yesterday, we picked my mom up from the airport, and my mom, youngest daughter, and I drove to Provo.
10. I’m thankful for John. Oh, how I miss him when we’re apart! I’m thankful for the chance to be here, though. I’m thankful for phones that allow us to stay in touch, and I’m looking forward to sharing with him the things I will learn at BYU Education Week.
Now it's your turn! What prayers of yours were answered this week? What are you looking forward to learning in the upcoming week?
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine