1. I'm thankful that the class schedule for BYU's Education Week has been posted. I've been poring over the classes and instructors and trying to decide what I want to learn about this year.
2. I'm thankful for instructional videos. Even though I had the written directions, I couldn't quite seem to get something to work properly. One little statement on an instructional video gave me the "A-ha!"moment I needed.
3. I'm thankful for laughter. John and I recently discovered a TV show called The Cabonaro Effect. Picture a magic show meets Candid Camera. We've had some good laughs.
4. I'm thankful for a clean house. My walk-in closet is no longer an oxymoron, and other areas of the house are joining the organization movement. Donations are dropped off, and even though it's July, spring cleaning is in full-force.
5. I'm thankful for greenery. Some plants did die in the drought, but others pulled through with some more regular watering, and I love to see the little green leaves.
6. I'm thankful for baby bunnies. We aren't exactly overrun with rabbits, but there isn't a shortage, either. Luckily, they are cute, and our vegetable garden area is fenced, so I haven't caught Peter Cottontail, or any of his friends and family, doing damage.
7. I'm thankful for the Sabbath day. "The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath." (Mark 2:27) How nice that one day a week, we are commanded to take a break. Yes, Sundays are still busy with church meetings, but I can put aside much of my to-do list. Getting the oil changed in the car, picking up groceries, tacking the laundry--those things can wait. Today I get to attend church and spend time with my family.
8. I'm thankful for my parents. They are finally getting to take a cruise to Alaska, something my dad has wanted to do for a very long time. I'm glad that they are having fun, and I'm thankful for the technology that allows them to share their photos!
9. I'm thankful for the temple. John and I attended on Friday night. It is amazing to me how much insight can be gained each time. I shouldn't be amazed, because it is much like scripture study; no matter how many times I have studied a particular passage, there is always something more to be learned.
10. I'm thankful for John. When I suddenly jump in with both feet on some crazy cleaning spree, he's there to help (both with the cleaning and with the assurance that it's OK to leave some work undone for a day or two.) He complements and compliments me. There's no one with whom I would rather go through this strange world. :-)
What have you found to be thankful for this week? Things are there--we just have to notice them!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine