This week, I am thankful for:
1. Blooming poppies. I was pleasantly surprised to find a poppy had sprouted and bloomed in my yard. I haven't made it out to the poppy fields yet this spring, but the poppies seem to be coming to me!
|Photo: An orange poppy blooms in my yard|
2. General Conference weekend. This weekend, members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints throughout the world are united as we watch and listen to General Conference. It's broadcast to churches, or can be watched on lds.org or BYUTV. I always come away from conference uplifted and inspired.
3. Another child's birthday. Today is middle daughter's special day. I'm thankful she is part of our family.
4. Friends. This week I again had the chance to meet together with a group of friends for lunch. I love the bond we share, and I love the fact that each lunch usually includes both laughter and serious discussion.
5. Drexel. He is such a gentle, sweet-tempered, goofy dog, and fits so well into our family.
6. Tasks completed. Taxes are done and filed, and I'm making progress on tackling other paperwork.
7. Runs. I haven't been running as much lately, but I got in two runs this week. My goal is 4 times a week, but improvement is improvement, and I'm happy that this week was better than last.
8. A haircut. I was long overdue, and I feel lighter now!
9. Education week. Registration opened this week for BYU's Education Week and my mom, my youngest daughter, and I are signed up and looking forward to attending together.
10. John. This month we will celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary. I love our adventurous life together, and I love our mundane life together. There is a little of both in a marriage, but what makes both enjoyable is the together part.
What are you thankful for this week?
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine