I taught the lesson in Relief Society today. The basis of the lesson can be read at this link, if you are interested.
1. I'm thankful that Heavenly Father is quite literally the father of our spirits.
2. I'm thankful that through prayer, we can talk to Him, as a child would to a parent.
3. I'm thankful that He is willing to listen, and can provide guidance and direction in our lives.
Perhaps no promise in life is more reassuring than that promise of divine assistance and spiritual guidance in times of need. It is a gift freely given from heaven, a gift that we need from our earliest youth through the very latest days of our lives. . . . (Howard W. Hunter)4. I'm thankful for all the tender mercies He provides, which can be seen in difficult times as well as easy times.
5. I'm thankful that we don't have to be perfect in order to approach our Heavenly Father in prayer.
6. I'm thankful that prayer takes many forms: silent, spoken, individual, family, even musical.
For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads. (Doctrine and Covenants 25:12)7. I'm thankful for those who pray for others.
8. I'm thankful for those who are the answers to prayer.
|Photo caption: "Often, the answer to our prayer does not come while we're on our knees but while we're on our feet serving the Lord and serving those around us."(Dieter F. Uchtdorf) source|
9. I'm thankful that the Relief Society sisters shared their experiences with prayer today, so the lesson was more of a discussion. I always feel like lessons are better when everyone who wants to has the opportunity to share their insights.
10. I'm thankful for John, who had a very busy Sunday today, and yet always has a smile on his face.
I'm obviously very late in posting this TToT, and I haven't been very connected this week. I apologize for that, and apologize in advance that I will probably miss the next two TToT weekends. Though our house will not be empty nor unattended, John and I are going on vacation. We're even leaving the laptops at home! Unless I get super organized and get a post written ahead of time and scheduled to post (and at the rate I'm going with other preparations, I doubt this will happen), I will miss joining in. So when I don't comment on your blogs, don't take it personally. I look forward to catching up with you all when I return!
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful