(Mom, or anyone else who is wondering: I'm OK. Maybe a tiny bit stressed, but it's just the normal rock or two, with a bunch of straws thrown into the mixture. I'll be fine--promise.)
This week, I'm thankful for:
1. SNOW! Last Sunday, snow fell here. It didn't stick, and it never turned into the large, slowly falling flakes that I love to watch, but it was definitely snow. I was as giddy as any kid.
2. Sourdough starter. Early in December, a man from church offered to bring me some sourdough starter. I told him I was interested, but not before Christmas. I few weeks ago, he showed up at my door with sourdough starter. I have managed to keep it alive, and have had fun experimenting with different sourdough recipes. Thanks, Brother Preter!
3. A serendipitous meeting with a friend. We hadn't seen each other in months (years?), and it was good to catch up. Those few minutes measurably helped my mood. Thanks, Ann!
4. Relief Society. We had a meeting this month, and I always appreciate the chance to visit with the sisters in the church. Three women spoke to us about the purposes of Relief Society (Increase faith and personal righteousness, Strengthen home and families, and Seek out and help those in need). They each did a great job, and I think we all came away inspired to do a little better. Thanks Kathy, Amanda, and Monica!
5. The X-Files. I'm not a huge TV watcher, but I must admit that I am excited that the X-Files are back, even if only for 6 new episodes. My favorite episodes are the humorous ones, like the one this past week.
6. Recommendations of friends. At the advice of a friend (Thanks, Don!), we have used a particular company (Metro Floors) whenever we've needed to replace flooring. They have always done a good job and at a reasonable price.
7. A shopping bargain. When a clearance rack, combined with a coupon, nets a nice skirt for $3 and change, I get a little giddy.
8. Saturday morning runs with John. We don't set an alarm; we go once we wake up. We run 5 or 6 miles, which gives us time to talk and enjoy the views. This morning there was a hot air balloon off in the distance.
9. John's computer skills. He put together a spreadsheet that keeps track of my miles run. (Indoor miles, outdoor miles, distance, time, pace, bike miles, total miles. . . ) All I have to do is say, "You know what I could use on that spreadsheet?" and it's done!
10. John. In general, in specific, in all ways and always. He makes life better, no matter how many rocks and straws I'm carrying at the time.
|Photo: John, walking in the front door carrying a bouquet of roses for me|
How about you? Are you burdened with straws or rocks this week? Join us in the Ten Things of Thankful (which is combining with Finish the Sentence Friday this week.) You'll feel better!
The "Kristi approved intro" refers to the other Kristi, of Finding Ninee. However, I approve of the intro, too. :-)
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful