1. The unwelcomed furry critter has stopped zooming through our home. Living next to an empty field, I'm a bit surprised we haven't had to deal with rodents before now. We'll just say it was a supersized mouse. Thanks, John, for taking care of it.
2. Last Sunday morning, I woke up to the pitter-patter of raindrops, and a beautiful sky.
|Photo: A rainbow appears in a darkened sky|
3. Also last Sunday, I spent a relaxing day at home, watching General Conference on TV and enjoying a spiritual feast.
4. This week, I've had more evenings free at home than normal. I didn't accomplish anything earth-shattering--I didn't even write a single blog post--but I took pleasure in the simple, routine tasks (like doing dishes) that all too often are merely rushed annoyances.
5. John, youngest daughter, and I played Agricola one evening. Though it's not a short game, it always seems to end too soon.
6. A local grocery store had stock-up prices on canned green beans and corn. I bought some, then decided to go back the next day and buy some more. The "use-by" date isn't until the end of 2018. I love having my pantry shelves full.
7. Youngest daughter wanted a "Mom and Me" date to Disneyland. Luckily, I'm her mom! We had fun together.
8. Today was the Relief Society "Super Saturday." We met at the church for a morning of crafts. We made gifts, tied fleece blankets for foster children, ate lunch, and had fun visiting with each other.
9. Tomorrow my grandson will be blessed at church. I'm looking forward to attending my daughter's ward and seeing my grandchildren.
10. John continues to amaze me. Work definitely still has been busy this week, and yet John remains cheerful.
How was your week? What are you thankful for?
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group