1. I'm thankful that it is time to turn the clocks back. An extra hour of sleep!!!! Looking forward to it!
2. I'm thankful for Ivy. I happened to mention that I was feeling some pain from plantar fasciitis, and the next thing I know, I received an email from Ivy, detailing exactly what to do to heal!
3. I'm thankful for Deedee. She inspired posts on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and even Thursday.
4. I'm thankful for Drexel. On Friday, Deedee went to her other raiser for the weekend. Drexel happened to be outside when Deedee's ride arrived. (A mutual friend was headed to the other raiser's house and offered to take Deedee to her.) Deedee was gone when Drexel came inside. Drexel sniffed around by the front door, then turned around and gave me the most puzzled, accusing look! Are you aware of what just happened here?? Fortunately, my friend had not yet pulled away in her car, so I quickly took Drexel out to greet my friend and say goodbye. He was fine after that.
5. I'm thankful for the women I work closely with in my church calling--Melinda, Karlene, and Anny. They are so talented and inspire me to do better. I'm happy to count them as friends.
6. I'm thankful for another luncheon with other friends. I don't see these women very often outside of our occasional lunches, but always enjoy meeting together. Sometimes we share challenges or talk about deeper topics, but this time was mostly filled with laughter.
7. I'm thankful for razzleberry pie. Because it was my birthday this month, the organizer of the lunch asked me my favorite flavor of pie. I told her I liked about anything, but really loved raspberries. At the lunch, we had two pies--chocolate and apple. I took a half-piece of each, and enjoyed them. The next day, I got a message from my friend, who told me that the restaurant she had ordered the pies from had messed up the order, and that the apple pie should have been razzleberry. When she told them of their mistake, they gave her a razzleberry pie. She wanted to give it to me. (I offered to share, but she refused.) So, yum!
8. I'm thankful that I'm braver than a coyote. (John encouraged me to use that phrase.) This morning, I heard the "something's wrong" cry from my chickens, and sure, enough, when I went outside, I saw a coyote in my backyard. Fortunately, coyotes "shoo" fairly easily, and the chickens are fine.
9. I'm thankful for the fun of dressing up for Halloween, and for the creative ideas of others.
|Photo: My daughter-in-law and son dressed as frosted animal cookies. She is in pink, and he is in white, with big gumballs glued to their outfits.|
|Photo: John and I dressed as the young Carl and Ellie from the movie UP, with our youngest daughter as Russell, and Drexel as Dug (wearing the cone of shame). We put balloons on top of our van for the Trunk-or-Treat at the church.|
|Photo: Our friends, dressed as Mary Poppins, a penguin, and a chimney sweep.|
Your turn! What are you thankful for this week?
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group