This week, I'm thankful:
1. I've gone to the park multiple times with my granddaughters. Swings are a definite favorite. And slides. And (when we were the only ones in the playground), throwing the wood chips in the air. "Grandma, look! Snow! Let it go!" Oldest granddaughter might have had wood chips in her hair when I returned her to her mom.
2. I successfully registered for another Disney 10K. And I completed a virtual Harry Potter run! Registration for the Disney runs always takes patience, as the site is so overwhelmed. I keep refreshing the page, hoping the event doesn't sell out before I get registered.
3. A well-dressed friend gifted me some clothes. This isn't the first time, either. I think she's going to make me fashionable yet.
4. Willow, the guide dog puppy, has finally reached phase 0 of formal training! She was evaluated, and rejected, as a breeder. Now she's on to (hopefully) become a working guide. I'll keep you posted on her progress.
5. Tomorrow I'm teaching the lesson in Relief Society on Sabbath day observance. I've enjoyed the chance that has given me to study about keeping the Sabbath day holy.
6. Thanks to sewing machines (and let's not forget the indispensable seam ripper), I've been able to sew a bit this week: kitchen curtain panels for a rental property, and a baby blessing outfit and baby blankets. (My granddaughters will get a brother next month!)
7. I've witnessed great compassion on Facebook this week.
8. We've had RAIN! After years of drought, there is speculation about a wet winter thanks to El Niño. And if July was any indication, that speculation might just become an actuality. Normally, we get 0.09 inches of rain in July. This July we got 1.6 inches!
9. That rain has greened up our backyard; what seemed dead at the beginning of July now looks alive again.
10. John keeps me sane even when life keeps me busy. He did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen while I typed this post. (He is a fast worker, but he had more time than you might think--the computer gave me the blue screen of death mid-post.) I told him, "You just made the Ten Things of Thankful!"
Did July fly by for you, too? What are you thankful for this week?
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group